Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 25

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    one of the guys i work with has a son who has a metal rock band so he gave me one of their cd's to listen to. Not a fan of metal. The instrumentals are pretty nice to listen to but i hate the singers voice. I don't listen to enough metal to know whats good and whats not but i hate that screaming singing that you usually run into with metal. I cant understand a word being said and i don't really get how anyone can be enjoying this.

The guy has a studio in his garage where the band practices and records all their stuff. Told me the drummer is super meticulous about his drum set and has an individual bag for every piece and has never played a single gig facing the audience. He plays facing away from everyone.

I think "screamo" is better as a complimentary element to a good metal singer's regular singing voice. When screaming's the main deal, it just gives me a headache
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That's just what extreme metal is, especially screamo and death metal, though the latter is moreso about growling and pig squeals rather than screaming. It's often just used to intensify the brutality.

Me personally? I hate screamo with a passion and try to stay super far away from it. But I'm a bigtime fan of death, black, thrash, etc kinds of metal.
    The more extreme variants of metal are acquired tastes, of course. I enjoy stuff like this.

Even if you can't understand shit the guy's saying, it's just the sheer brutality.
    SPOILER! :

Both Canadian fronted bands, oddly enough, lol.

Okay, I take it back, I don't hate -all- screamo. I dabble in it a bit if it's pretty awesome, like these guys I've been a fan of for a few years now.
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by GunZet; 11-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Screamo can bring a lot of emotion with the screaming. I really Like Envy for instance.
    SPOILER! :

I can really dig screamed vocals in Black Metal, but very rarely in Death Metal for some reason.

Deftones hits that power and emotion with screaming in Hexagram perfectly.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

lol

Fak u Jooby.
    <My comic

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    i h8 u jubeh

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I love every single one of you.

the name screamo for a genre is awful but dance gavin dance and while she sleeps are alright