Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer read manga, or watch anime, or watch live action(based on manga)?

Aaah... I don't really like Kabuto, especially with the circus and idiots cast of characters. The only normal person is Kagami... and he's not that normal either.

My favorite Kamen Rider (physically only) is G3X. While my favorite Kamen Rider series is Kamen Rider Kuuga.

Live action usually entails caucasians playing asian roles. I might watch the Cowboy Bebop movie w/ Keanu Reeves but that's where I draw the line. Also, Keanu has this weird habit of being either awesome or totally awful.

That is live action in western counterpart. But in here (esp. Japan), live action usually film that taken from anime, video games, or at least film that should be anime, but use real actors instead. Henshin heroes (transforming heroes), which is super heroes equivalent in Japan, is perhaps better made as anime (just like super heroes is cartoon in US). But they more often make is as live action instead. This genre is called tokusatsu in Japan.

@Hamachi: He's actually half right, what i mean "live action" in this thread refer to some kind of movie is lifted from manga, comic, and manhwa, etc.. but not limited too japanese or asian only.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Aaah... I don't really like Kabuto, especially with the circus and idiots cast of characters. The only normal person is Kagami... and he's not that normal either.
    Maybe because the kind of arrogant person he've got (i like it!!!). I dont mind whatever whose act as Tendou as well as he can play good i'm happy. What i like much from this Rider is speed after "clock up." And Kagami is playing well too.

If seeing tendou act is remind me The Lightning Tiger (Yochun) from "Veritas" manhwa.

My favorite Kamen Rider (physically only) is G3X. While my favorite Kamen Rider series is Kamen Rider Kuuga.
    G3x is a reborn of Rider no.6. I very salute for him, he can still fight while taking pain of using that suit. but Gill is the best i think (before the Agito shining form was born). This series has the best monster costume that i ever watch after Rider Blade (monster costume), and the story line is the best too but again after rider Kuuga. I think its some kind of sequel of kuuga but in another dimension.
    At least the best fighter (and smartess + non idiot + non moron person)is always Kabuto, he can beat the speed of Faiz whose using that some kind of "frisbee"-thing and still can beat Rider Decado (the pinky rider) that claim him self to be "who pass all of rider" and he actually the only rider that never beat by decado. And its weapon is knife, its cool!!!
    Last edited by Reset; 02-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Agito is in Kuuga world, 100 years later... That's why G3 is inspired by Kuuga (and it's indeed, look at the similarity in the design). Why it's cool? Because it's kamen rider with guns, grenade launcher, gatling guns, and even rocket launcher >_< If only they add drills into the arsenal... I only like G3X for the cosmetic, not the power.

Decade is supposed to be the strongest. In the series, Decade is powered down so much that he's a wimpy. Watch the movie version (when he already reach the Fury form). He beats all Sky Rider, Super One, and Kabuto all at the same time (and without breaking a sweat). The ultimate kamen rider indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Live action usually entails caucasians playing asian roles. I might watch the Cowboy Bebop movie w/ Keanu Reeves but that's where I draw the line. Also, Keanu has this weird habit of being either awesome or totally awful.
    I don't know if Spike is asian. I have always believed that he is like part jew or something (because of the jewfro he have). Also the story in Cowboy bebop is not ambiented in japan or anything like that and the names are pretty english.

Nah, he probably isn't. Actually the reason why I was willing to watch it was because of that very reason. In other words, because Cowboy Bebop made non-Japanese characters the main characters.

I don't know if your generic US/European actors could pull off the extreme emotions required by anime culture effectively though. There are some exceptions, most notably Shakespearean actors, that I'd imagine would be perfect for the role.

For example. The dream situation: young Keith Brannagan stars as the Fullmetal Alchemist. An example of his acting:

But unfortunately, he's never heard of anime and by now is too old, fat and ugly. Yet another shameful neverwas of history.

Wasn't spike born on mars. So he's a martian and keanu reeves is as close as you're going to get to that.

Agito is in Kuuga world, 100 years later... That's why G3 is inspired by Kuuga (and it's indeed, look at the similarity in the design). Why it's cool? Because it's kamen rider with guns, grenade launcher, gatling guns, and even rocket launcher >_< If only they add drills into the arsenal... I only like G3X for the cosmetic, not the power.

Decade is supposed to be the strongest. In the series, Decade is powered down so much that he's a wimpy. Watch the movie version (when he already reach the Fury form). He beats all Sky Rider, Super One, and Kabuto all at the same time (and without breaking a sweat). The ultimate kamen rider indeed...
    huh?I'm not watch it till the end let alone the movie. I just watch till he got something like "K-Touch" n in the dimension where kiva was evil. i feel throw up. but kabuto not fight using hyper clock up i suppose?

Oh, he used it alright ^_^ In fact, he is killed while using Clock-up. Because remember that Decade also have clock-up features... and then Decade used invisible. And then his Final Attack Ride to finish Kabuto. It's nice to see that only Kabuto's horn that left from the explosion...

And there IS Evil Kiva even in the Kamen Rider Kiva own series (Dark Kiva, the previous Fangaia King). So Decade isn't that wrong with the "dark world" story. What I'm ranting is why Ryuuga shows up again after he's defeated way earlier in the series?