Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Are you enviormental-friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by saphira View Post
    Well, the person who told me about it wasn't available, so I did some googling on my own:
    http://bit.ly/g1FBRX
    http://www.emagazine.com/archive/2315
    It slowly begins and eventually you'll see a 'green' city like NY

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    GAIS, GAIS. The greenest place on earth is Antarctica! In a sense.

Oh, what's that? mmhmm...I see....we're there too?
    I see...

Nevermind.

Well, the person who told me about it wasn't available, so I did some googling on my own:
    http://bit.ly/g1FBRX
    http://www.emagazine.com/archive/2315
    "Only 30 percent drive, and the rest walk (five percent), take the train (13 percent) or the bus (20 percent)."

NO WAY!!!In tropical island like our, i'll never walk till sidewalks planted with dense trees, except i want to kill my self from dehydration after walking for an hour.

Copenhagen is the most green city in my opinion. I've been there for two days and I'm convinced. 50% of the people go to work by bike. There are parking lots for bikes and traffic light for the bikes. The public transport is super easy and very well design. I was able to get almost anywhere by just using it. There are less street lamps(one floating in the center of the street). The air was super clear and fresh. A great city to visit.

Pictures are bad because I took them with my old phone and it was about 7 PM. Also it was super cold that day so not much people were out on the street but there were still alot of bike riders.

EDIT: I know that they also use electricity from renewer energy like: wind etc. One think that I liked is that the public transport was made as confortable as possible. You go to the train staion, or metro or bus station. There is a new train every 3 min. A train that is on your way probably comes every 5-10 min. Many pople use them but there is planty of space inside. There is always a place to sit. There is free Wifi in the trains, newspapers, and bags (I don't know why I would need a bag). Smoking is forbiden. There were soda and cafe mashines on the train. The train runs super fast. The most interesting think were the quiet areas. There are special areas in the train where you should not make noice, no pets allowed etc. People there were enjoing the silence by reading books. The train driver spoke on the intercom that he is sorry but we are going to be late for our next stop with 2 minutes and that we'll be on time for the next stops. I couldn't believe it. How would one want to drive if the public transport is so nice. In my country I used to wait for 1-2 hours for the bus (it was suppose to come every 10 mins) and the driver was rude...
    Last edited by violin; 02-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    "Only 30 percent drive, and the rest walk (five percent), take the train (13 percent) or the bus (20 percent)."

NO WAY!!!In tropical island like our, i'll never walk till sidewalks planted with dense trees, except i want to kill my self from dehydration after walking for an hour.
    Yeah, it's a problem in tropical climate, especially summers. But you can always carry a water-bottle.

Whoa, where do you live, Reset? The advantage of living in tropical country is never too nor too cold. There is no summer here, and walking under the sun just for an hour won't make you die of dehydration...

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Copenhagen is the most green city in my opinion. I've been there for two days and I'm convinced. 50% of the people go to work by bike. There are parking lots for bikes and traffic light for the bikes. The public transport is super easy and very well design. I was able to get almost anywhere by just using it. There are less street lamps(one floating in the center of the street). The air was super clear and fresh. A great city to visit.

Pictures are bad because I took them with my old phone and it was about 7 PM. Also it was super cold that day so not much people were out on the street but there were still alot of bike riders.
    I see.Just seeing these photo is tell us "clean air here."

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    EDIT: I know that they also use electricity from renewer energy like: wind etc. One think that I liked is that the public transport was made as confortable as possible. You go to the train staion, or metro or bus station. There is a new train every 3 min. A train that is on your way probably comes every 5-10 min. Many pople use them but there is planty of space inside. There is always a place to sit. There is free Wifi in the trains, newspapers, and bags (I don't know why I would need a bag). Smoking is forbiden. There were soda and cafe mashines on the train. The train runs super fast. The most interesting think were the quiet areas. There are special areas in the train where you should not make noice, no pets allowed etc. People there were enjoing the silence by reading books. The train driver spoke on the intercom that he is sorry but we are going to be late for our next stop with 2 minutes and that we'll be on time for the next stops. I couldn't believe it. How would one want to drive if the public transport is so nice. In my country I used to wait for 1-2 hours for the bus (it was suppose to come every 10 mins) and the driver was rude...
    Wow!!!I want to go by bus like that too,its too kind. You know, commuter transport in my city (we call it "angkot", a mini van) always carry passengers overdose, especially with a very narrow space so that your knees and knees of the person in front touched. And average commuter service driver (especialy bus driver) always drive like crazy, in high speed (100-140 Km/H) it can overtaking car on the front and where there a car in opposite direction with distance as thick as a hair (right and left) and of course with a cliff (real high cliff) in the right or left, and it can make a "U" turn with a constant speed. If first time you tried commute with it you fell like you already die, but the most people who used to this can commute with relaxed face you know.

Yeah, it's a problem in tropical climate, especially summers. But you can always carry a water-bottle.
    The problem is a water-bottle got dehydration too. hehe just kidding , but we not call it summer we call it "kemarau" a semi-dry hot climate that suck up all your 90% water in your body.
    I can wash my laundry (without dryer) and make it dry in 10 minute only with natural light

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Whoa, where do you live, Reset? The advantage of living in tropical country is never too nor too cold. There is no summer here, and walking under the sun just for an hour won't make you die of dehydration...
    I live in Borneo (in the city not jungle), you know tropical mean "hot climate but not dry climate" (i think) it mean we live in sauna but in continent size. You live in Bandung right? I just returned from there two mont ago, climate is rather cold there, its too far to be compared as here.
    note: In Ausy people die because dehydration. And in my city (another city that where i supose to live), take motorcycle and go out for 10 minutes using "sendal jepit" (sandals) make your beauty white foot skin become beauty black foot skin (with two line sandals print on top of it).
    Last edited by Reset; 02-14-2011 at 08:08 AM.

I am very human-environmentally friendly.

I do nothing environmentally friendly.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

But do you do enviormental trolling?