Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Are you enviormental-friendly?

Still, I think nuclear power isn't the best solution for a car energy. It may be good for several gigantic power plant, but for smaller and millions of cars... I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    I recycle and just push my car around instead of using gas
    Bwahahhaha. Its really Funny man. Nice Joke

If smoking is non-enviromental friendly, so i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    Now you got me thinkin'...

We should make a nuclear powered car. Not a hydrogen car. Just what I think.
    That is impossible, at least now with the current resources and technology. Even one gram of Uranium or Thorium on fission can produce enough energy to destroy a small town. How big do you think the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were? If you want to use that for running cars, you'd need the mass in the order of around nano-grams probably (I'm taking a guess here, but i'm pretty sure it's damn low). The technology and resources for creating such a small reactor would be extremely expensive.

It is possible though if somebody invented/discovered another fissionable material which doesnot produce that much energy and can be easily controlled.

And fusion reaction is out of question.

I only said we should, possibility and innovation would be a little difficult to exact but with what you're telling me we just need to put the pieces together.

If only we can somehow change plain water into some kind of (powerful) power source. It's an ultimate power source that every scientist dream of...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Nuclear powered cars? Has Fallout 3 taught you guys nothing? Gorsh.

The main two things hydrogen powered cars have going for them is the exhaust they create and how long it takes to refuel, which is about the same as a normal petrol powered car.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    If only we can somehow change plain water into some kind of (powerful) power source. It's an ultimate power source that every scientist dream of...
    Question: How does an A-Bomb works?
    Answer: Splitting the atoms of the nuclear material, it releases a giant energy explosion.
    Note: It can be done with any substance possible but the technology isn't evolved yet.
    Note 2: If the technology will evolve to this step you'll able to run your car on a bottle of water...or whatever you want.

BTW: I saw an article about a new space shuttle engine in development...works on plasma...I think. And there's a project to reduce the use of airplane fuel when it's on the take-off strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Devillan View Post
    Question: How does an A-Bomb works?
    Answer: Splitting the atoms of the nuclear material, it releases a giant energy explosion.
    Note: It can be done with any substance possible but the technology isn't evolved yet.
    Note 2: If the technology will evolve to this step you'll able to run your car on a bottle of water...or whatever you want.

BTW: I saw an article about a new space shuttle engine in development...works on plasma...I think. And there's a project to reduce the use of airplane fuel when it's on the take-off strip.
    if it is true then one day the car or alike will be using feces as the main energy source

Quote Originally Posted by Devillan View Post
    We have in Israel right now a 'think green' campaign...its funny like hell
    Yeah, because you need to take care of the land that's not your's.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Already done. There are cars that work with water and other with corn oil.

http://waterpoweredcar.com/

I don't have the link of the corn oil power car, but it does existe, both cars appear in the news at the same month (first the water and then the corn), and then no one said nothing more about those 2 new power sources.