Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you enviormental-friendly?

You don't know science and yet you presume to speak about science with enough authority that others should base their decision making on what you say.
    Oh really? I don't? Me, taking some environmental science classes doesn't give me any right to say anything about this? Even if I didn't, it doesn't take even a third of that curriculum to see that "The Little Ice Age" in the medieval wasn't caused by greenhouse gases.

I never said YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME. In fact, you asked for more, even though it was sarcastic and you got it through my responses to others. If you don't like it, don't read it.

The maintaining of the Earth's ecosystem and as a result the continued existence of the human race?
    Oh no... a really hot summer! That's going to make animals sit in the shade for five extra minutes and people get air conditioners! Even worse! SNOW!

Yeah. Fission power and fusion power are so backwards! I mean, hell, who doesn't remember the fission reactors of the Neolithic?
    I am for nuclear energy, in case you didn't notice that.

"AUGGGGH! I HAVE TO CHARGE MY CAR FOR A WHILE BEFORE I USE IT! THE CONTINUED SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES IS SO NOT WORTH IT! FUCK THIS MAN!"
    AAAAHHH! I DON'T WANT TO PAY A BILL WORTH MORE THAN MY LIFE FOR SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY BECAUSE I TOTALLY TALK LIKE THAT!!! ARGGG!!!

Yes. I can totally see how the environmentally unfriendly corporations that own and run America and most of the world would want us to believe that they are slowly but surely causing the extinction of our species and that they must be boycot and opposed until they change.

Oh, wait, no I can't because that makes no fucking sense and is one of the most retarded things I have heard in my entire life.
    Quite frankly, I wasn't referring to oil companies in the first place. Where did this even come from?

Plus the human race is bound for extinction. There are a lot more things that will end the world before global warming/climate change WHATEVER.

I personally don't see the electric car being the vehicle of the future. Hydrogen powered cars I think would be the best development. Hydrogen is one of the most abundant chemicals in the universe and the hydrogen powered cars they have now expel nothing but H2O from the exhaust. Battery powered cars a much better than what we've got at the moment, but they do often take a while to charge which can be a pain if you're on holiday somewhere driving down the highway. At home though, it's a good method of transportation. At the same time though, the nickel and cobalt that is mined, refined, and assembled into batteries in many different countries can have a very negative impact on the environment, which is one of the reasons why I don't think it would be the best source of power for future transportation.
    Also why has no one mentioned public transportation. Taking the train is awesome. So's the bus, but you gotta watch out for sniper bullets on the latter method.

Hydrogen powered cars would be nice. The only thing that concerns me is that if someone crashes it and a fire sets off, that's instant death.

Hydrogen car isn't that different from normal fossil fueled car, right? But electric car has many advantages over them (fossil and hydrogen car). Like no need to ignite the car (only turn on, like PC), no need for gear or combustion engine, (almost) no sound, etc.

I don't really care about hydrogen or electric car, since both of them will need a looooooong time (yes, it will be very long) before they enter my country. Even if they do enter, they will be treated as luxury car and will be very expensive, hence not many people will buy them... Yeah, being green is the least people worry in my country. Simply being alive and well is already hard enough.

Now you got me thinkin'...

We should make a nuclear powered car. Not a hydrogen car. Just what I think.

And then we have thousands of mini nuclear bombs running everywhere in our cities... And not only it's very dangerous and hard to get, the nuclear waste produced by cars isn't something funny...

It's easy. The city I was born in has a very well build public trasnport - trolleybus. The electricity is produced mainly by a Water Power Planet. Gas is 2x more expensive that outside Europe and people are poor so thay can not afford to buy gas. So they have to use the public transport. Clean and environment friendly.
    Public transport - subways, trolleybusses and trams. For long distance - Electric trains. That's how I see it. And gas is going more expensive with everyday.

Fun-Fact: The S.S. Ronald Reagan is a nuclear powered warship, it needs to eject its cooling rods about once every seven years or so.

I wouldn't say a bomb is on board a car, it would really be a chance of meltdown. However, nuclear power is really well managed in the first place, so I am not too concerned about that at all.

I agree. But I don't know how small a nuclear reactor can be made and can it be installed in a car.

That's one thing we just need to wait and see how it's done by the professionals.