Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you enviormental-friendly?

Lol, sounds like an episode from Futurama.

I recycle and just push my car around instead of using gas

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    Global warming is a fabrication made up for Al Gore to pick our pockets and give him our votes. Climate change is another stupid political machine that runs on basically the same thing as global warming. No amount of pollution is going to create a second ice age and it's been proven through history and current statistics. Even so, littering doesn't have to do with global warming really.
    Learn to science. Also, even if climate change isn't real, it's hardly like implementing green policies will have consequences as bad as not implementing them if it is real. I know this argument is based on chance, but nonetheless...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Basically, better safe than sorry.

I try to be environmentally friendly, but as with pretty much everyone, I could be more environmentally friendly.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Global warming is a fabrication made up for Al Gore to pick our pockets and give him our votes. Climate change is another stupid political machine that runs on basically the same thing as global warming. No amount of pollution is going to create a second ice age and it's been proven through history and current statistics. Even so, littering doesn't have to do with global warming really.
    Tell me more!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Learn to science.
    Gee, I dunno how to science something. That could be hard.

Also, even if climate change isn't real, it's hardly like implementing green policies will have consequences as bad as not implementing them if it is real.
    Climate change is NOT real! These green policies will take the green out of my bank account and several other people as well. For what? Some ass backwards way of generating power? Cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico with HAY BALES instead of an oil hose? Cars that are more dependent on a wall charge than an iPhone? Illegalizing oil and nuclear power? Riding 50 miles to work with bicycles? More corruption defended by statements that have 60% or more factual errors? Isn't that a type of consequence?

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Basically, better safe than sorry.
    That's what everyone wants you to think. I know exactly the perfect term for that. It's marketing using irrational reasons and appeal or Fear Marketing.

Kodos, there's probably going to be more as the thread goes on. Don't worry. :3

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Gee, I dunno how to science something. That could be hard.
    You don't know science and yet you presume to speak about science with enough authority that others should base their decision making on what you say.

Do you really not recognize a problem here?

Climate change is NOT real!
    This sentence would be 100% true if it was not for the fact that it is completely factually incorrect.

These green policies will take the green out of my bank account and several other people as well. For what?
    The maintaining of the Earth's ecosystem and as a result the continued existence of the human race?

Some ass backwards way of generating power?
    Yeah. Fission power and fusion power are so backwards! I mean, hell, who doesn't remember the fission reactors of the Neolithic?

Cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico with HAY BALES instead of an oil hose? Cars that are more dependent on a wall charge than an iPhone?
    "AUGGGGH! I HAVE TO CHARGE MY CAR FOR A WHILE BEFORE I USE IT! THE CONTINUED SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES IS SO NOT WORTH IT! FUCK THIS MAN!"

Illegalizing oil and nuclear power?
    One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong.

Riding 50 miles to work with bicycles?
    No serious people are suggesting this. It's nice to see the same old strawmen being brought out, though.

More corruption defended by statements that have 60% or more factual errors? Isn't that a type of consequence?
    This is adorable.

That's what everyone wants you to think. I know exactly the perfect term for that. It's marketing using irrational reasons and appeal or Fear Marketing.
    Yes. I can totally see how the environmentally unfriendly corporations that own and run America and most of the world would want us to believe that they are slowly but surely causing the extinction of our species and that they must be boycot and opposed until they change.

Oh, wait, no I can't because that makes no fucking sense and is one of the most retarded things I have heard in my entire life.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm not eco-friendly. I'm lifestyle complacent. D:

There is climate change. This is a proven fact. Will being enviromently frendly stop or alter it - probably no.
    But we should care about the place we live or we might end like in that animation - WallE.
    There is already a garbidge crisys in Europe. I've seen how trucks would not pick up the garbidge because there is no place to get rid ot if. Is it so hard to return the bottle of your pop drink or your can so it can be recycled and reused. They even give you money when you return them. Isn't it better to drive smaller car that use less gas - it's even cheaper for you. Isn't better to save energy by using energy efficient appliences. You'll save from your electricity bill.

So yeah I try to be enviromently friendly as much as possible.

We already created an island of garbadge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch

What should we do next?