Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you enviormental-friendly?

Are you enviormental-friendly?

The question is obvious, are you taking care of your environment? Separating the trash, Taking showers instead of a bath and etc.

I'm taking showers, uses less water, recycling paper & plastic bottles.
    I don't have a car...yet, but if I had I'd take a car that doesn't pollute much.

i never shower. or take a bath. that way i can save using water, ain't i super environmental-friendly?
    jk

I do nothing, we only separate our trash in 2 things one is like all the greenstuff like vegetables and teabags and then you have the other stuff like paper and stuff... i cycle and take the bus, but i only do that since i don't have a car, it's not for the environment.
    we do have green-energy but like if thats all green... We do try not to waste things like food and energy and stuff . - . ,, but oh well

Its at least a good start...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I skateboard, sure the trucks are made of metal with rubber for the flexible parts. the wheels are made of polyurethane which I'm sure makes some pollution in their development time. The boards are made of wood which is made by cutting down trees somewhere. Good news is, with all that, the boards are made of Canadian maple, and skating causes no harm to the environment, and serves as an awesome mode of transportation, as well as fun.
    Therefore I have gigantic cruising wheels for riding, and I have extremely small wheels for getting around and doing tricks...

That's something, right? My laptop also uses a screensaver....gangsta.

*edit: Besides that uh...I don't separate anything at all, but I don't ever litter. And I also use a crapload of water on a daily basis.
    Last edited by GunZet; 02-10-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Fuck that. The pressure on individuals to affect environmental change is bullshit and serves to smokescreen where the real responsibility lies - with states and companies.

Individuals can help by a small margin though.
    Don't get pissed when you gotta pay to breathe air....like that'll ever happen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Individuals can help by a small margin though.
    And yet this entire mode of thought is wrongheaded.
    "Don't throw things away, recycle them!" - If the right systems were in place, we wouldn't need to worry about where our rubbish ended up.
    "Use an energy-efficient car!" - What, use a fossil-fuel powered car so companies can continue to make money from pollution, even though it's less harmful to the environment, rather than making electric cars more common?
    "Turn your heating down by a degree!" - Yay, energy companies will still provide gas to me rather than using solar power etc. instead!

It's going to take a while. I mean we've been using fossil fuel for how long?
    the longer you've been doing a certain thing, the longer it takes to make a complete change.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Change may be coming slowly but at least it's there now. It'll probably take another 100 years (or some disaster) for everyone to become environmentally friendly.

Eh, I recycle, walk to college, shower, etc.