Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Rebellions in less than one month!

2 Rebellions in less than one month!

WOWW!!

IT'S ALL AWESOME!! >8D

In Tunisia, there was a rebellion and now they are forming their new government.
    In Egypt, today the rebellion reached its peak. Some members of the army and police joined the crowed (the same happened in Tunisia). I clapped my hands when I heard that on the news =D

What a lesson for those leaders and any one thinks to be like them! >=D *evil laughter*

I know, I know.. Maybe it's not something you care about. I mean, the Middle East and Arab world have a lot of problems, and you don't live there.. but I'm really so glad! XD

*continues watching TV*
    Last edited by Yara; 01-28-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: edited automatic emoticon

I was watching some of the rioting on Al Jazeera.
    You can watch it live here:
    http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Now we just need one here in the states. C'mon, Partnership for a Job-Free America!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Tunisia's sounded justified to me, but I haven't heard any reports on the Egypt one. Haven't been listening to the news much this week. (Is all over Yahoo though. Should probably turn on NPR.)

Also, there was another four. See, there was this fucked up man down in Tuscon who thought it was OK to shoot a Congressman. Also in Haiti. Sort of. When Baby Doc came back? You here about that?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

What did the Egyptian prez do exactly? All I heard was that he blocked social networking sites or sumthin but that was cos of the riots

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    He's been in power for a really long time. And it isn't really a democracy, and the Egyptians want one. Or so I've gathered. (Also his Son could be the next prez.) So yeah.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

@Hayashida: Thanks for the link ^_^ That's helpful.

People rebelled because their rights were swallowed up and their money had been theft. There is corruption and the solution was to riot. Youth and graduates can't find jobs and thousands of PhD holders can't find jobs too. People had enough of suffering. I feel I want to run with them and shout.

@Sylex: No man, you don't need to rebel really. Keep your country in peace, Sylex.. hehe ^^

@Bacon: I've heard about the one in Haiti. I still don't understand why can't UN help people in an efficient way. Didn't they hear about sustainability? and yeah, he wanted his son to be the president. Some people said jokes about that.

Updates: The president has just spoken and said that he'll change the government minister/s. I don't think this will make the Egyptians shut up; they are BOILING!
    Last edited by Yara; 01-28-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added something

I also heard from the news that Egypt president have been in power for more than 30 years. And not to mention there's lots of corruption and alike in the government. High unemployment rate and poverty. Global financial crisis. Well, all of that is enough to start one rebellion or two...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Most of the news have been focused on Egypt but I hear there is unrest in Yemen and Jordan as well. Gas prices have shot up too and I bet more unrest will happen in other parts of the world if governments don't take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Now we just need one here in the states. C'mon, Partnership for a Job-Free America!
    You realise the most likely revolution in America at the moment is a theocratic one?