Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm James, or you can call me Tom.

Post Hello, I'm James, or you can call me Tom.

I joined this community because the last forum I had entered and still occasionally reside in cannot sustain my artistic ability.

I'm a serious drawer and I like to take criticism. I have no art friends virtually or physically who share with me the same things I appreciate. I draw in an odd way some people tell me and I'm also primarily here to learn better at the Manga art form. I'm polite and stable and can take tons of criticism without being angry or insulted, because that's what I live for. I'm a heavy robot drawer but I am here to learn people so I can appreciate my ability and please others. So you either like or hate me.

I'm a story writer and artist when I multitask, so I appreciate group projects.

Otherwise, I am greatly pleased to be among other artists and hope to make maybe one or two friends.

Just to clarify, I'm not a digital artist. I'm just old fashion paper and pen/pencil.
    Last edited by Tom_Gunn; 02-10-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hey there! Do you have two names that's why you answer to Tom or James? Welcome to the site either way - you'll find some fellow mech artists here as well. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your art and I hope you drop by the Critique Corner. It's kind of surprising you're not doing anything digital - you can get some great artwork done if you pick it up. But each to his own, right?

If you ever decide to pick it up, you can try checking out CypressDahlia's cool Value Sketching technique.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Hey James2, welcome to MT v3 (lol)
    Awesome to have more mech artists around here, hope to see some of your stuff in the crit corner. We have artists from all angles around here, so I'm sure you'll fit in bro.

Take your time, look around, oh hey..free cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Hey there! Do you have two names that's why you answer to Tom or James? Welcome to the site either way - you'll find some fellow mech artists here as well. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your art and I hope you drop by the Critique Corner. It's kind of surprising you're not doing anything digital - you can get some great artwork done if you pick it up. But each to his own, right?

If you ever decide to pick it up, you can try checking out CypressDahlia's cool Value Sketching technique.
    Yeah! I have a pad for the digital stuff, but I just can't get use to looking at the screen while drawing!

Thank you for meeting me. I'm not overly confined to mechas because I want to draw people to!

Also that's probably because I don't have a Wacom tablet.
    Last edited by Tom_Gunn; 02-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Tom or James? Can I just call you Thames?

Sure why not!?

Call me Tom if you can get use to it!

I could never adjust to that... but welcome Tom

uhg it feels so weird

I had the same problem naming my cat.

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    welcome Tom or James or something.
    nice to meet you

Thank you.

Anybody interested in Elf like creatures?