Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mizu's Random Stuff: Illus, 3D, Animation!

Mizu's Random Stuff: Illus, 3D, Animation!

Hai gais. I'm back. And hopefully I'll stick around a little bit longer. Editing scripts for JC manga.

But yeah. Joker pic. I finished it.

Last edited by J_Mizu; 08-25-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Wow! That's really good! It's gonna be really hard to critique, since you're way out of my league ;P

Hm...but I should say something constructive. Since you're this skilled, and can demonstrate you have virtually mastered value, proportions, and expression, I might try to offset images. This is all I've seen of your work, so you may already to do this, but try to create some interesting poses where the figure is not in the middle. You can also "crop" the images differently. Take a look at some of Degas' horse race paintings, to see what I mean. They almost seem awkwardly cropped, but they really draw you in because they are different from most paintings. Also, good use of diagonals is something you could try. Since I can't really see anything that needs improvement, the only thing I can suggest is to take it to another level by moving the subject to different areas of the picture "grid."
    Does that make sense?

man, awesome work, though! I'm impressed. Can't wait to check out your Joker comic! Will you be posting it in "manga works?"
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

lol thanks
    this is actually just life drawing from a photograph of Joker from the Batman movie framed straight in the middle, I do that to practice proportions, shadowing and stuff like that.

but yeah, Im not drawing a Joker comic lol. Wasn't clear on the manga thing, but yeah basically Im redrawing and rescripting my manga Just Criminals and stuff like that. For direct reference: (shameless plug) http://mizukiyanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/23939570

Mizu, why so awesome?

You can shameless plug :P And you're doing great on the proportions! (Though I've said that already.)

What I've looked at of you comic is very well done

Edit: and I think I've commented on the dude with the stick drawing on your DA...nice!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by jaidurn View Post
    Mizu, why so awesome?
    ^True D'8

lol oh you gais

right so creating a main character for manga, etc etc.

two versions. The first one was the original one so its much more refined than the second one, but yeah which one do you think is better?

..ignore the toes..

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Sheesh, Mizu. Your style really improved in the time you were gone. o - o

I personally like the first design a lot better, except that I prefer him without knee-socks. And just because I am picky and like to feel that I actually have something to critique, I think that, proportionally, his fingers seem a bit too long, and his palm and upper-arms are not long enough. Looks great though. Colour?

I am glad. that you are back.

TAAAYYYYY *glomps*

lololol miss choo

yeah here I changed the hands 8D
    is it better now?
    Also I decided to make it a mix of the two concept and changed the bandaids to scars and coloured it 8D

need comments about the chosen colour pallette though. Does it look alright?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Mizu View Post
    TAAAYYYYY *glomps*

lololol miss choo
    PSH, LIES. Jkjk, miss choo too. x] But you probably already knew that. -cough-

Anyway, the hands look much better now, and the scars look great. Anyway, "Everybody knows cool guys don't wear band-aids." right? O<

I adore the colour scheme, although I'd like to see how it looks with a darker grey for the gloves, pants and flip-flops. Also, did he get slightly shorter? Lol.