Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dante's Art

thank you GaBo about the glases i whould never noticed that
    but i couldn't understand here
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBo View Post
    Furthermore, the eyes seem to give her a bit of a wall-eyed look due to the placement of the pupils.
    can you explain that more plz?

I think GaBo is referring to the fact that it looks particularily flat in theory like a wall because of the way you placed the pupils, I could be wrong but that is also the impression I am getting by observation of your drawing and his critique.

Also to make her look like she is actually turned make sure to foreshorten the pupil as well, you have the eye reduced in size to show that she is turned but the pupil is the same size as the closest pupil which is misleading :O

Conveniently I had a pair of eyes on the GB I was working on, here is what I mean;

Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I think GaBo is referring to the fact that it looks particularily flat in theory like a wall because of the way you placed the pupils, I could be wrong but that is also the impression I am getting by observation of your drawing and his critique.

Also to make her look like she is actually turned make sure to foreshorten the pupil as well, you have the eye reduced in size to show that she is turned but the pupil is the same size as the closest pupil which is misleading :O

Conveniently I had a pair of eyes on the GB I was working on, here is what I mean;

oooaaahhhhhh..............i understand now
    thank you Demonfyre

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Generally you've done a pretty good job. But you'd probly see a bit of the teeth and tongue in the mouth.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

thank you ScarletHue i used your tip in this drawing
    and i will be happy for your c&c
    (i can't give tips to people , when i see a drwing i just have 2 choices 1-this is great 2-this is bullsh** but you guys are diffrent thank you )

SPOILER! :

Highlights in eyes are usually great, and I personally like to use them even when they shouldn't be there. But think about where and how you place them; to begin with, two highlights are suggesting two equally strong sources of light, and if you want to be a comic book artist i really can't see any reason why you should ever use more than one light source. Comic art is based on increasing or decreasing contrast to emphasize the mood of the story, and generally one light is the best way to achieve that. Second, take into consideration that the eyelids isn't paper thin, and will probably cast a shadow on the top of the eye, and highlights don't appear in shadow.
    SPOILER! :
    with a little imagination, this is an eyeball

If you want to read up on it, this would be a kickass resource; http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.se/201...part-1_15.html

Also, you should really try to critique others work, a good artist is most likely also a good critic. If you can't find things to improve in other artists' work you most likely won't find them in your own work, and part of being a good artist is to find and correct mistakes while you work. That's why most artists find it useful to work in passes, it makes it so much easier to find the mistakes in time and fix them before you start the next pass. And everything takes practice, if you try write critiques you will soon be able to do it more naturally.

Good luck

thank you very much "rubisko" for your eye tips
    that helped me so much
    but that wasn't my fault to draw 2 light reflection i have seen pictures that have even 3 reflection for exapmle look at this picture blow:
    (this is for "how to draw manga" book )
    SPOILER! :

but i know that you are right and really thank you
    i will practice more about eye

Personally I would be inclined to ignore that part about the highlights and adopt Rubisko's technique on eye highlights based on where your light source is placed, two or more is acceptable as long as you have several strong light sources. Otherwise you could confuse where the actual light source is and generally make things difficult
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

hi guys

thank you very very much about your tips
    --------------------------------------------------
    as your points i found out that i have many problems on drawing eye Especially a pair of eyes
    so i practiced drawing eye and here is two pages of my practice
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

but i still have problems on drawing them
    when i want to put them in a face thay don't seem as good as my practices
    forexample this face:
    SPOILER! :

so please give me some critique corner
    thank you every one
    Last edited by Dante13; 09-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.

It seems to me that what you really have problems with is drawing the head, and since it's not structured correctly the eyes fall out of place as a consequence. Luckily there's a really good book by Andrew Loomis on the subject called "Drawing the Head and Hands". I don't have a link to where you can download it, but you should be able to find it pretty easy with any web searcher. Other than that it's just draw draw draw. Everyone starts as a beginner, but by drawing a lot they eventually go places. If you want to be a comic book artist then just draw all the time, always carry paper and pen with you.