Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dante's Art

thank you very much nisaren

sorry for the big size

hi guys

here in this drawing i inked my drawing for the first time and i found out that inking is grate
    but some thing is bothering me
    i am trying so hard but can't understand what is my problem for example look at this picture blow this is great and so better than my drawings (this is for one of my friends)
    i don't know what is the main different between his drawings and mine can you guys tell me plz???????
    SPOILER! :

--------------------------------------------------------
    and here is my drawing :

the sketch"
    SPOILER! :

and the inked version:

so some c&c is needed

He has had much more time and practice. Also a tip, don't try to compare yourself to other artists, particularly ones that have many years of experience more than you, unless you plan to use it as inspiration or as a reference you could just end up annoying yourself. I will give some feedback once i've had dinner and will just edit this post.

I like your inking, it went well in my opinion and the character design is nice and interesting some things I noticed were that the eyes appear to be different sizes and too close to each other, as it is a straight on looking pose they should be approximately the same size and one eye distance apart. The right arm is very jagged and takes a large turn before it joins to the other arm. As your character is female try to make the lines smoothly into one an other. Last point for now is that her arms appear to be very long but I can't say for sure as the body is hidden. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

thank you about your tips
    it is so hard for me to draw both eyes in the same size i should practice more

but about my friend : he is 17 and I'm 18 so how he has more experience than me
    and one thing :you are trying to say that if i practice harder i can be like him or maybe better than him right?

Most good artists start young, work hard, or both. When did you start drawing? How often do you practice? If your friend has been doing an hour a day since he was twelve, and you've been doing a couple of hours a month since you were sixteen, of course he'll be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

The more you practice and practice on areas you are weak at the quicker you will progress and improve, if you were to practice enough and make sure to make it a daily routine then yes you could surpass his abilities. Also don't try to invent stuff, use references to learn different techniques or ways of drawing things as this is how you learn quickest, for example if you want to improve your bodies practice anatomy and use references

For the experience point, everything that Delphinus said, a difference in age does not dictate your drawing experience, other factors dictate that, if he has been drawing from a younger age, for longer and is more serious about it then of course he will be better.

Also a tip, take advantage of his knowledge, he knows more than you so get him to look over your work and help you pick out areas to fix up/work on. I'm sure your friend will be more than happy to do so
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

thank you every one

Double Digits Member Leonardoby's Avatar
    sup bro, i see your problem is that you have too much insecurity of the works of others, and sir Demofyre is right that you should never compare your works to other artist. Just keep practicing the Female anatomy i'm sure you will get it right.

hi
    thank you Demonfyre
    thank you Delphinus
    thank you Leonardoby
    thank you very much about your tips
    after seeing my friends works and your points I'm trying harder
    ----------------------------

i want to start digital drawing but what is your opinion? can i do that like what i am doing now?
    -------------------------------
    and in this drawing i focused on eye how is it?(some c&c plz)

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Dante13; 09-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.

What concerns me about the eyes isn't necessarily the eyes themselves as much as the glasses. Glasses don't sit so close to the face as to frame the eyes perfectly; there's a bit of space between. This means that at an angle such as the one we are looking at her face from they wouldn't appear so close to the eyes.

SPOILER! :

Note that the lens over her eye further away in this photo appears to sit further off the face. That's because it does.
    Furthermore, the eyes seem to give her a bit of a wall-eyed look due to the placement of the pupils. Please, oh please, practice drawing more accurate real eyes before simplifying them like this. It will help, I swear.

Other than that, I like where you're going with the hair. Definitely keep that up. I hope to see more of your stuff soon, and to continue seeing improvement. c: