Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dante's Art

Also something that might be a problem when drawing with a face - when you're drawing it just as practice and drawing loads, you're not as worried about how they'll look, and you'll be drawing looser and more naturally - when you actually go to draw a proper picture, you want it to look great, so you're much more focused and aware of every line you're drawing, so you may be stiffening up, making it harder to make natural looking lines. if you try and relax, and just treat your picture as another practice, it may help a bit but definitely check out what rubisko mentioned, having a properly structured face will help too

thank you Rubisko for that book i read that and helped me so much but i still have a problem ,,,, drawing the mouth and that book doesn't have much about mouth(or maybe i didn't get it)

for example look at this head that i've drawn maybe i'm wrong but i think every thing is ok except the mouth you can put your hand on the mouth and see that the face is nice but remove your hand and you will see a face like gorilla
    so plz give me some tips about mouth (a book is so better if is possible)

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

thank you every one

For the mouth what I suggest is drawing very little in the form of lines, only to indicate their presence and areas of heavy shadows but then shading the rest of it to give it form and appear like it is there (a bit like in your second drawing), right now you have it outlined suggesting there is massive difference or that they are separate.

EDIT: Oh, also reduce their size that would also help
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-22-2012 at 03:20 PM.

The book actually have a great deal to say about the mouth and the lips, but there's no separate chapters for different features of the face, the book aims to give the reader a complete understanding of drawing the head, so you'll have to read carefully, like you would with any textbook in school. Other than that the only thing I can recommend is to draw mouths from life.
    Demonfyre is right in that it's sometimes more effective to chose which lines to use when you draw, but I believe that you need to understand the subject very well when you do so.

And I really don't think that the face you drew looks like a gorilla, with or without the mouth There's a line between being self-critical and just being unfair to yourself, keep on the right side

thank you demon fyre and rubisko

about that gorilla face i just was joking ,,,,, that is not like gorilla but is as ugly as gorilla.. isn't it?(lol)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i have drawn 2 female face
    drawing the lips for females is very very easier than males(when you draw lips for males they will turn to gorilla(lol))

so how are this two faces :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

In the first picture I wasn't even sure that those were bangs at first. Add more shading and highlights to them so that they don't look so flat.

The profile face is very cute, but the ears to low. Remeber, the ears are at eye height.

Keep up the good work!

hi
    this is fujiki gennusuke from shigurui
    but i didn't exactly copy it(imitation)
    and the mouth seems good to me(isn't it?)
    SPOILER! :

Looking good, for the lips I wouldn't make the bottom of the lip so dark, I would try to make it look more like the top and then some slight shading underneath to indicate that it isn't flat

i like the latest style. face looks balanced.

i hope you dont mind me saying this but your style reminds me of my style. i guess we're both lip drawing people...
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    i like the latest style. face looks balanced.

i hope you dont mind me saying this but your style reminds me of my style. i guess we're both lip drawing people...
    or you could say you both have Takayuki Yamaguchi style, with the sightly difference that he copied Yamaguchi style, and you don't do the meticulous anatomical approach Yamaguchi has.