Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante's Art

These are both very good! On the first picture, the way you drew and folded the wings makes them look super thin (like paper). Below is a picture of folded wings that look thicker. You maywant to try drawing them like this:
    SPOILER! :

hi guys
    i have a problem please help me
    i think these drawings are Causeless
    i want to work on something new
    i mean i want to start to draw manga and train on that (not only drawing)
    so what should i do where should i start?
    (i know that i have problems yet........)

It's good that you want to branch out. There are a ton of tutorials to help you write mangas, so be sure to check out those.

If you want to start a manga, you need to be ready for a lot of writing. You need to brainstorm an idea Once you have the whole idea planned out and you know what to do, you have to write the story down by what's happening in each panel. There are a bunch of tutorials about writing mangas. After you know what each panel is, you can start drawing them. Before you start, though, you'll probably want to develope characters that you can draw over and over again, each with a full list of emotions. (This is the way I write my mangas, other people may have other ideas)

I assume that this is your first time making a manga, so don't expect it to be a best-seller and get really discouraged if it's not. Have fun making it and just think of it as practice.

I hope this helped!

I once felt that way with my work when I was around your age.

As much as possible, draw dynamic images if you're just looking for a more "purposeful" way of spending time improving your drawing abilities. There's no need to immediately come up with a meaningful plot or text to place with the picture you drew (unless you want to save time by trying to work on all aspects). You can start by drawing dynamic poses and angles just as I've said. Based on your art I see in this thread, you haven't done 2 or 3 point perspective yet have you? You also haven't tried doing highly dynamic/active poses? Try doing those kinds of angled shots together with more dynamic/active poses (like for example: flying, falling, kicking, sprinting, etc.). In my humble opinion, this kind of drawn art tells the viewer a lot of things even without placing any text, giving it some sort of depth and an ongoing story/situation by itself. It may be difficult at first if you don't have much idea what angle/point of view/perspective to use with a certain action/pose to make it very effective in conveying a message, however if you enjoy drawing, I believe you'll find this fun. You'd also find yourself researching for such types of pictures to give you ideas to try/imitate until you can formulate one yourself. Well I hope this helps.

How about making very short stories at start , that might help you collecting info of what to draw, how to draw, environmental studies, dialogs etc . Because I think accomplishing these might give you enough confidence for working in big projects .

Take the problems from the real world and then, trough your drawings, show how you think they could be fixed.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

hi

i tried to make some characters and draw some face from different views
    i couldn't find any thing wrong but if you find some please tell me
    thanx

i forgot to draw the strings

and can you guys give me some tips about some thing
    i really want to be a mangaka in Future but in my country no body reads manga/comic and nobody knows what manga is
    so what should i do should i go to japan ?
    can i publish manga in other country without going to that country?
    and is there any international manga competition that i can Participate in that?
    Last edited by Dante13; 09-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.

These are all good, some points I noticed were;

Pic 1) He is very thin his body is thinner than his head o: which means he either doesn't have a ribcage or no internal organs o:
    Pic 2) On the straight forward looking face the eyes look like they are different sizes and possibly not on the same level, but I think is caused by the way you took the picture.
    Pic 3) On the turned face you haven't made the far away eye slightly smaller.
    Pic 4) It may just be me but it looks like his neck is broken :O and also his legs are very linear and box like.

Hope this helps :3

thanks for your points but about my last question nobody knows any thing?

and here is another 2 of my drawings and like every time if something is wrong plz tell

but sorry this one has bad quality
    Last edited by Dante13; 09-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante13 View Post
    and can you guys give me some tips about some thing
    i really want to be a mangaka in Future but in my country no body reads manga/comic and nobody knows what manga is
    so what should i do should i go to japan ?
    It is often better to be unique than try to push through a saturated market. Manga may not be widely accepted in your country, however, you also don't have much competition. I would highly suggest not going to Japan in hopes of being a mangaka, just be a comic artist/writer in your own country and draw in whatever style you like (which could happen to be heavily influenced by eastern comics). Moving to Japan in order to create manga is almost impossible unless you are already a native Japanese speaker. There are just too many amazing artists already in Japan for them to welcome an outsider that doesn't speak perfect Japanese.

can i publish manga in other country without going to that country?
    You can and I would highly suggest that if you are able to build a fan base in your own country, then you may be able to find success in other countries as well. Also, these days it is very easy and acceptable to produce comics and display them on the internet for an international audience. Why limit yourself to just Japan when you could show your stuff to the whole world?

and is there any international manga competition that i can Participate in that?
    I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty if you take the time to do an internet search.

Before you get too excited about competitions and becoming a professional, you should concentrate on just producing a comic. Lots of people say they would like to be comic writers/artists but they never have anything to show for it - I know I don't.

If I were you, here's what I would do.

1. Write and Draw a comic
    2. Show the comic to friends and others
    3. Write and draw another finished comic using what you've learned from the last to improve
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum.

The key here is - produce comics, then worry about making a career out of it.
    Last edited by nisaren; 09-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.