View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Coughing after inhaling smoke is as harmful as stubbing your toe.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Someone who wears heavily cologne doesn't kill people with said cologne. Let people smoke, but only in Private places and in the comfort of their own homes.
    I agree. Smoking should be private. But my point was the argument that "Because some people abuse X, X must be made illegal!" is absurd and can be applied to many things.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Edit: Ignore this post, as I have broken the bonds of my vow to kill off this thread.
    Last edited by PWhit; 02-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saith View Post
    Since when has weed not been natural?
    Not playing devil's advocate, but a lot of modern Marijuana has been genetically altered for a stronger high. Used to be you could choose from "Alcopoco Gold," "Michoacan," or, like my parents used to, "Illinois Green" (sucky!) But now, man, they do all kinds of crazy crap that's just not natural. They do the same to the food we eat (corn and all that.) Don't know how I feel about it...I'm more for the most natural way possible.

Also, I love this dude, this guy is one of the funniest comedians I've seen--and I love his hair and coat!

Warning, so people might be offended by the language...so if don't watch if you're gonna be offended by foul language and such.

SPOILER! :

edit: I'm sorry, I wrote this before seeing your "last post"....sorry! Can I leave it here, since the video's funny?
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 02-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

The genetic alteration of plants and animals is not new. Marijuana has been geneticaly alterated before the europeans had come to America (the continent). So saying that the Marijuana in these days is not natural is a lie, it keep being natural and the alteration process that humans does over the plants keep working.

Tomatoes are natural, but they have been alterated and they are still in a process of alteration.

I'm not talking about people taking the "two best plants" and breeding them for a better product. I meant altered in labs and changed. Have you seen that movie Corn King? If you haven't, it's pretty good. It talks about corn companies who alter their corn so that you can't take the kernel you grew and plant it the next year--you have to keep buying new seeds from the company, cause it has a self-destruct gene. That kind of alteration could never be done "in nature" and is therefore unnatural. I understand what you're saying, and that's fine. I've nothing against selective breeding, but altering a plant in some ways is not good, no matter how you slice it (ho ho ho, bad pun.)

I didn't mean to say all marijuana isn't natural, at least, that's not how I meant it to come across. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

edit: I had to fix a grammar error.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

(Well fine, I can bring it back since the whole drugs are bad issue is over with.)

I don't know what to say to the whole natural issue. It may be a nice feature for marketing in an organic section of the market, but other than that, why not alter it if it is what people want? If they want stronger highs, let em have it. If they are health conscious, let them have the herb directly. We should be able to accommodate both.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with weed in moderation. If you seriously think weed should not be smoked for recreational uses, you need to at least read some experiences with it:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/canada/86...-help-you.html

The fact that weed became illegal has little to nothing to do with "health risks". It was just the fact that hemp/marijuana competed with a lot of different industries, like timber, pharmaceuticals, whatever, and they made up a bunch of stuff to make it seem like a horrible thing, so they'd have less competition. Here's more info: http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/
    If you don't agree, explain to me why Salvia is legal in 44 states, and it's a strong hallucinogen. Yay knowledge and common sense!

but anyway, why do you think Amsterdam is so happy?

Prostitutes, probably. ;3

You know, prostitutes are legal in the UK as long as they don't say they're prostitutes.