View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Considering that those don't exist, I can't really have that on my list. If they did exist sure. But they don't. Not here.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Don't flame me for flaming him, flame you for flaming me.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    o.O

I wasn't flaming. Or not trying to. I was just saying the don't exist, so you can't allow them. If America had Weed Dens it'd be kind of dumb not to allow people not smoke weed in them.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

^ Not good

^ Good

Back to the topic ^_^

Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

Over 443,000 Americans (over 18 percent of all deaths) die because of smoking each year. Secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 of them.

Between 2.500 and 3.000 people die due to guns each year in USA.

In 2006, a total of 22,073 persons died of alcohol-induced causes in the United States.

In Australia 0,2% of the illness provoked by drugs (alcohol, tabaco, weed) is provoked by marijuana.

758,593 people (45.6%) were arrested for marijuana possession alone.

How many people were arrested for alcohol possession, tabacco possession or selling any of these?

Yara, thank you. (Off Topic: Where did you get those?)

ClockHand, I wasn't flaming you. I was requesting you stop flaming. I thank you for doing so and continuing the debate.

Everyone else, continue the debate.

Double Digits Member
    I think it should be forbidden - but it's peoples choice. I don't want to convice anyone if it is bad. In my opinion if there is a chance that it will harm you - why do it?
    That's my feelings on it as well. Most people want to smoke it because of the high or 'buzz', but people who are 'high' usually are out of it. I think that if they want to use it for medical uses, they should but in small amounts, and never constantly. But- and I do mean BUT- because of the risks and the addiction to it, it's much safer and smarter to use something more natural and non-toxic like, say, willow bark ground into powder for pain relief- the indians used it and it works better than the modern asprin, which used to be made from willow bark but is now completly 'modernised' and has no real 'kick' like it used to. And what do they say about modern Asprin? take more than 10 at a time and you die. That's what you get when you let government scientists mess with the meds...esp since they want to kill us all out anyway (infowars.com). (also sorry= mad at the government)

But anyway, back to subject: if you want to smoke something that will ultimately kill you, smoke poison oak- it works much faster and you still get to experience the fascinating death of internal bleeding and convulsions plus loss of the mind and control of the body that so many people seem to be attracted to.....but hey, it's your funeral, not mine

PhoenixChild, pleace read the previews posts.

Since when has weed not been natural?
    Also, it doesn't harm people.
    Bloody hell.
    Seriously, there are like, no deaths caused by Mary Jane, unless you count injuries caused by being a bit slowed down, in which case you might as well outlaw coffee. It makes you jittery, after all.
    I mean, too much fat can kill you. Too much alcohol can kill you. Nicotine can kill you. Too much water can kill you.
    Marijuana? No. It won't.
    You don't even get addicted, at least not physically.

And even if it did. Even if it could kill me, why would that give other people the right to decide for me? I've only smoked it a couple times (and ended up coughing my throat out), so I'm not an expert on weed, but even so. It's my life, and it's perverse for someone to think they can decide how I live it.

Even though you coughing up the weed smoke didn't help your defense on a health issue, I agree that government should not intervene with personal choices.