View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

@Kodos,
    Smoking weed should be forbidden. I don't have to give any reasons. It's my opinion.
    Smoking cigarretes should be permited only in designated areas.

And sorry if you find this offending(you are probably a smoker) but here is what else I think:
    -Most(not all of them) smokers are addicted and are not strong enought to quit. I think that's why they are always in a search to find that smoking is healthy and not as bad as people describe it.
    -Smokers have told me that it's bad. My family doctor was smoking like 2 packets a day and she was always telling me - it's bad. She got lungs cancer and stopped working as a doctor. Was it because she was smokeing - I don't know. She was the one that studied hard to become a doctor and told me it's bad.
    -Everyone in my family smokes except me. My father died a few years ago from cancer. - Is it because he was smoking. Less likely but doctors says that smokers have a bigger procentage of getting cancer.
    -My grandfather used to be a smoker. He's now 70. He stopped smoking 20 years ago and he says that sometimes he still cough that black thing from the cigarretes (I don't know how it's called in English)
    -I believe that smoking makes your skin age faster. - Is it proven - I don't know. Can I prove it - no.

These are more than enought for me to think that it is bad to smoke and to consider it should be forbidden. Of course you can not just forbid it now when so many people are already addicted to it.
    Last edited by violin; 02-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.

^ So you think smoking should be banned because it can hurt people? Eating too much chocolate can hurt people by giving them heart disease and making them obese, should chocolate be banned.

Re. weed: you cannot hold an opinion without having reasons to hold that opinion. That's just stupid.

@violin

It's nice that backed it up with life experience, but you are talking about cigarettes. Weed is a horse of a different color.

Yes, I don't know much about weed. I still think that it is forbidden for a reason. And it can't just be made legal so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    And it can't just be made legal so easy.
    Yes it can actually, through extensive persuasion. When it is legalized, the businesses that make ventures for Marijuana farming will probably follow a few regulations by government. After that, the corporations, private sectors, state government, town governments and the small communities decide how weed will be handled where they live. It really isn't that hard.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Violin, maybe you should do some research about marijuana before making that sort of judgment. Right now you're coming across as a huge prick. If you're not going to do research to back up your opinions about marijuana (which is what the topic of this thread is, not cigarettes), then just stop posting in this thread. You don't like weed. We got the point the first time you said it. Since you are showing that you're unwilling to listen to others' side of the problem, and you don't want to back up your claims, you need to just drop the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    @Kodos,
    Smoking weed should be forbidden. I don't have to give any reasons. It's my opinion.
    If this is your attitude please do not post in the general discussion. We are here to discuss. You can't simply say THIS IS MY OPINION HERE IS NO EVIDENCE YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME because it is incredibly frustrating for anyone trying to take the topic seriously.

Please, try to look at how silly you sound right now. You think that something you know absolutely nothing about should be forbidden just because it was forbidden in the past.

The MT Award 2011 to worst debater is for poprorororpom... VIOLIN!

Ok, you start bad and you end worst. First, using a inductive argument about the experiense in your life is a bad argument. You say you knew someone who get stupier thanks to weed. And you got to the induction that weed make you stupid.

This is as wrong as I say: I met a mexican, he was lazy = all mexicans are lazy.

So you start bad, but amazingly for everyone, you end worst.

With a statement that says "is my opinion and is a worthful argument", you show everyone how bad someone can be arguing.

Read something or even so, watch a documental, It doesn't matter, everything works in your case.

No reason to jump on the dude. I am assuming he is young and/or doesn't debate often.

Clock, please don't flame others on my thread. I know it's hard, but just relax.