View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I actually like LVUERs joke. Let's ban guns. And let's ban normal cigarettes. Oh, and let's bring back 3.2 beer.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 02-04-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Joke or not it may be a good idea to ban everything he listed. Including alcohol. Well - I'll miss the alcohol but I can live with that

Fenn
    If it doesn't hurt anyone else and your decision to do it is conscious (aka not impaired by mental disability), then you can do it. Make it legal and put the same restrictions on it as every other dangerous substance.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Joke or not it may be a good idea to ban everything he listed. Including alcohol.
    We tried this once in america.

Didn't really go as planned.

No. It didn't. My mothers family a generation or two back are the ones who tried to impose it. My fathers side... Have no problem drinking. Drinking in moderation and as a social interaction is acceptable. The DAY you NEED a drink is the day you need re-hab.

You're my favorite.

Prohibition has only failed because the government took so much regulations against a recreational activity (drinking) away from people that have used alcohol. Humanity has used alcohol to relieve stress since wine and beer was invented in Greece. People are so accustomed to relieving stress through recreational drinking.

I actually just recently caught this:

Plus, legalizing it would, I feel, be good for the economy (I think someone was mentioning this earlier.) It could be taxed, it would provide jobs (people planting, harvesting, packaging, etc...) and it would also allow us to have hemp farming, which would be AWESOME. Right now it's illegal to even grow hemp here (so stupid....)
    See there's a method to my madness here.

EDIT: Okay final edit this time. Rehab is definitely an issue that comes with marijuana, beer, coke, hemp and all that stuff.
    Last edited by PWhit; 02-05-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    Prohibition has only failed because the government took so much regulations against a recreational activity (drinking) away from people that have used alcohol since wine and beer was invented in Greece. People are so accustomed to relieving stress through recreational drinking.

And what is more ancient than alcoholic drinks? drugs!

People always use drugs in recreational activities or rituals. But there was a moment when people start saying "hey everyone, drugs are bad", even so they didn't have any medical or logical argument for that statement everyone buy it and now drugs are illegal.

Now we have proved that drugs are not bad and we want them back to be legal.

Also, is different to say "drugs should be legal" to say "you should smoke pot in anyplace you want". As the same as you shouldn't smoke cigarres in a restaurant fulled with kids, you shouldn't smoke pot. Not because you are making a damage to the kids, but more because you are in a place where you need to be respectful with other peoples. We can't create a barrier that make the smoke of the pot don't cross the nose of your neighbor, but you can stop smoking for a while.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    It should be forbidden and it is in most countries (probably for a reason) - and that makes me happy
    Ignore any explanations why I think soo.
    It just my opition
    Homosexual marriage and even homosexual sex is also forbidden in most countries. Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy for a reason. You are saying that something should be forbidden but have failed to offer a single compelling reason for why it should be forbidden while others have offered many demonstrable benefits that would come from making it legal.

Also the whole "I don't want to deal with smokers!" thing is ridiculous. As has been pointed out by myself and others, there are such things as people who smoke and have manners. Also the same argument can be applied to just about anything. "Some people play music loudly late at night ergo we should criminalize the ownership of radios." "Some people wear too much perfume or cologne and are obnoxious to be around and thus we should criminalize perfume and cologne."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Also the whole "I don't want to deal with smokers!" thing is ridiculous. As has been pointed out by myself and others, there are such things as people who smoke and have manners. Also the same argument can be applied to just about anything. "Some people play music loudly late at night ergo we should criminalize the ownership of radios." "Some people wear too much perfume or cologne and are obnoxious to be around and thus we should criminalize perfume and cologne."
    Someone who wears heavily cologne doesn't kill people with said cologne. Let people smoke, but only in Private places and in the comfort of their own homes.

You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Let people smoke, but only in Private places and in the comfort of their own homes.
    It couldn't hurt to open up a pot-bar or weed chamber (or whatever you call places that allow weed to be smoked inside their building) like they did in Amsterdam. Public, legal and contained.