View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

I respect Yara's decision not to smoke weed, as I don't smoke it myself. I would only legalize it for economic reasons.

Don't they have sections for smokers and non-smokers? I find that kind of odd.
    They do, and it's not very odd in Europe either as many cafes offer this too! This is why sometimes where you smoke the weed may be an issue since even the secondhand smoke can get you high (if you are not resilient to the drug already).

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    This is why sometimes where you smoke the weed may be an issue since even the secondhand smoke can get you high (if you are not resilient to the drug already).
    I don't think so. I've been around people who smoke pot a lot of times, and the smoke never made me or anyone else who didn't smoke high.

I think for the sake of discussion you guys should stop dropping anecdotes since there is already so much research on the subject.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    The addictiong of weed is psychologic, not biologic. Cigarres provoke a biologic dependence; this mean that the body ask you for more. Weed doesn't do this, the only way to get addicted to marihuana is to have a psychologic problem that trigger the dependence in a psychologic level.
    I realize. I was making a late response. (Didn't see the new page.)
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Eh, I think weed should be legalised.
    Not even really for the economic reasons, I just believe in minimal laws.
    Governments do no have the right to control what we do in private.
    Other people have no right to control what I do in private.

ya we do

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    @ violin
    Don't they have sections for smokers and non-smokers? I find that kind of odd.
    They had until this government removed this. So now I'm waiting utill 2014 when a ban will be enforced by the European Parlament.

Ban the gun and legalize marijuana, that way people will be to busy smoking it instead of speeding, gunning down someone, or other crazy things...

That is the not so serious answer. Personally, I think we should ban not only marijuana, but also alcohol, cigarette/cigars, and things similar to that... but it's impossible, isn't it?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    I knew you were going to say this. Well you drive with a bike in 10 inch snow when it is -5 outside. I'm in Buffalo and the Public transport here is bad. Yes I could take a bus to work and using half my day in travel so I take the risk of 10 min car drive. And I'll probably move to a bigger city for that reason. I'd prefer to use the public transport if it is confartable enought. Maybe I'll drive a bike in spring and summer. It's not far away but people here drive like crazy and I'm not really sure if it is going to be safer to bike. I car crossed the way of a friend a few months ago and hit his bike. Fortunaltly only the bike had damages.
    But I find no reason to smoke and I think is unhealty (my opinion) so I will not smoke.
    Except your opinion is objectively wrong and not an opinion at all but an erroneous belief. "Red is the prettiest color." Is an opinion. "I think Alien is the best horror film ever made." Is an opinion. "The sum of 1 and 1 is 5" is a statement regarding a fact, and it is an incorrect one.

Your 'opinion' regarding the harmful nature of marijuana is objectively false and thus worthless.

And yes smoking sholuld be forbidden. In school 60-70% of the kids were smoking just because they think it was cool or something.
    Boxing is an extremely dangerous hobby that can and often does lead to lasting physical and neurological issues. People take up boxing for the same reason as they take up smoking or any other hobby - they find it fun and/or cool. Should we ban boxing? How about mountain climbing? American Football? Tell me how we determine which hobbies are acceptably safe. I once got a nasty papercut while reading.

One girl told me that she smokes because when she is out in a party everybody smokes and she feels like an outsider if she doesn't.
    "One girl is a weak willed sheep so we should legislate on her behalf! Besides, we all saw how well prohibition in America worked out!"

And then she starts talking about people who reached 90 years and stills smoke. As if she knows that it's bad but serches for a reason to think that this is fine.
    Stupid people do stupid things. This is not news.

Kudos,
    Kodos.

you should go to a country where you can smoke anywhere. You go to the bus stop and pople surrond you and start to smoke.
    You can smoke at bus stops in America.

If you don't smoke you'll find this very unplesant. You go to a restaurant to eat and people sit on the next table and starts smoking. Well I can not enjoy food if someone smokes next to me.
    The simple solution is to criminalize smoking in public places. This is fine because smoking in a public place produces second hand smoke and is then a public health risk. There is no need or reason to criminalize smoking at all times and everywhere because some smokers are inconsiderate jerks.

So now in BG they want to forbid and forced them to smoke in special areas. But no, that's not going to happen. Most people smoke. They don't care about those that don't do that. And if you politely ask them not to smoke while you eat they jumb on you like you are some evil monster that doesn't smoke and starts talking about freedom and shits.
    "Some people who do X are jerks so everyone who does X should be punished!"

I don't care. What about my freedom?!
    Their freedom to smoke ends where your freedom to not be exposed to second hand smoke begins.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

It should be forbidden and it is in most countries (probably for a reason) - and that makes me happy
    Ignore any explanations why I think soo.
    It just my opition