View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    That only happens if you deep fry. If you cook properly (longer cooking time, lower temperatures), vegetable oil does not become trans fat. Which is why Wendy's is so proud of its slow-broiled beef.

I think that everything is ok in the right dosages. Yeah you can die of alcohol, if you drink too much. Yeah you can get degenerated and addicted of marijuana if you smoke every day. Its useless to (still) ban marijuana when anyone can get it anywhere.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Yeah it's stupid, but I can't think of a better solution than that. I mean are we gonna send everyone to fat camp or something.
    Promote friends and families to support each other and change their diets. Offer health clinics for those who want it. If that doesn't work, let them eat themselves to death. Taking away all unhealthy options doesn't change the fact that THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BE FAT! I know that isn't literally true, but for every person who has the mental ability to ake their own decisions, their choices of diet and exercise practically admit that they would rather be obese than stop eating.

Making someone stop doing something bad is different than making them WANT to stop doing something bad. Until the latter is successful, the same issues will persist.

I think people are doing that already, dude. It's only about as effective as convincing someone they're wrong, which only works like half the time lol.

Fenn
    I think people are doing that already, dude. It's only about as effective as convincing someone they're wrong, which only works like half the time lol.
    True. It doesn't change the fact that making laws banning unhealthy food doesn't solve the root problem: that people are WILLING to make such unhealthy choices. Say we close all fast food joints; it doesn't change the fact that people will want fast food. Chances are just as good that they'll find an alternative indulgence as they are that they'll stop overeating.

The same goes for banning trans-fats.

I'm actually okay with letting people eat themselves to death because there are so many alternatives and because obesity is such a multi-faceted problem. Blaming fatty foods is just the easy way out. But like I said, it's the most realistic solution. I don't think we live in a society that wants us to stay fit.

We don't live in a society that wants us to do anything except work and buy stuff. Junk food is a product, thus you contribute to the economy when you eat it. It also has a lower cost to the government because, unlike real food, it's not subsidised. So eating junk food is good for the economy, and given modern ethics seem to be "will this damage the economy?", yeah, society wants you fat. Unless you're female in which case being more than a size zero makes you a hideous hambeast.

That's not hyperbole; it's the economic basis of modern capitalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

That only happens if you deep fry. If you cook properly (longer cooking time, lower temperatures), vegetable oil does not become trans fat. Which is why Wendy's is so proud of its slow-broiled beef.
    Also I have heard that cooking with very hot oil doesn't transform it in trans fat. There are so many myth that I end asking to a nutritionist, and she told me that hot oil, no matter how you do it or the quantity, makes trans fat. Also I'm not talking about deep fry.

The problem is not the fast food, are the families: The mom who gave his kids mcdonald as reward, the father who bring pizza to the dinner, the kids who have been spoiled to the point that everything green makes them cry. Those are the problems.

Society is changing their culture around food. Food is extremely important, it's the most obvious face of the culture were you live, and we are our culture ask us to work, consume and be fast, we are constantly tire, we blame others for our lack of energy and of course we are preferring to eat something fast than eat something tasty. As fast food being so important to our society, it shows how important is food for us.

The problem (again), is not fast food, are us.

Makes sense to me to legalize weed.

Living in Texas you can catch news reports all the time about police catching cartels bringing millions of dollars worth of weed alone across the border. That's alot of money going towards crime syndicates in Mexico and the United States

As for the effects of weed. Well it made me happy, hungry, and a bit sleepy. Yep that's the epitome of dangerousness right there. As for those saying it has no "positive effects" what about stress relief in general? It helped me and my brother get through our grandfathers and grandmothers funerals (No we weren't high DURING the funeral).

With out weed one of my best friends would be in a very bad place, he has a very rare insomnia disorder, I'll ask him for the exact name next time I talk to him. I believe his record is a week and a half with out sleep, though I need to ask him about that.Any sort of anesthetic have proven to have the opposite effect on him, but weed puts him out like a light ((though VERY strong weed)). Doctors have speculated that this will add 10-15 years of his life, and make his over all life better. With out weed they doubted he would live past 35-40.

Fenn
    One thing I AM wondering about that would go against drugs AND fast food is health care. If people OD or fall to illness/injury due to drugs or fast food, either one, and they don't have health insurance, who has to pay for their health care? The tax payers of course. Right?