View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by M3S1H View Post
    I don't think there's much to argue about. First off, everyone should have their own free choice, so long as that choice doesn't harm anyone in any way or break any legalized laws. This should apply to Marijuana. I mean, sure, smoking it could be bad for some people, but that's their own choice. Legalizing marijuana gives the people more options, and brings us closer to the meaning of a free country. As stated above, alcohol is a good example of why Marijuana should be legalized. You can get drunk in the same aspect that you can get high, and you can pose as a threat to the population, but people shouldn't take action until you actually hurt someone. The point I'm trying to make is this: Alcohol and Marijuana aren't too different in the view of legalizing both - they can both kill you, (Marijuana by killing off brain cells, Alcohol by liver cancer/disease.) they can both make you a threat to others, but only one is legalized. Crazy, isn't it?
    Did you read Cypress's posts about what would happen if they were legalized?

I have an idea to stop drunk driving: all cars should have a breathalyzer start-up.

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    Quote Originally Posted by M3S1H View Post
    I don't think there's much to argue about. First off, everyone should have their own free choice, so long as that choice doesn't harm anyone in any way or break any legalized laws. This should apply to Marijuana. I mean, sure, smoking it could be bad for some people, but that's their own choice. Legalizing marijuana gives the people more options, and brings us closer to the meaning of a free country. As stated above, alcohol is a good example of why Marijuana should be legalized. You can get drunk in the same aspect that you can get high, and you can pose as a threat to the population, but people shouldn't take action until you actually hurt someone. The point I'm trying to make is this: Alcohol and Marijuana aren't too different in the view of legalizing both - they can both kill you, (Marijuana by killing off brain cells, Alcohol by liver cancer/disease.) they can both make you a threat to others, but only one is legalized. Crazy, isn't it?
    Ok man, is true, at least most of it, because marijuana does not kill brain cell, at least at the rate the media wants you to think,the only way that marijuana kills brain cells is if you smoke 3 pounds a day all by yourself,and by the way, losing brain cells is not that bad because, aside from what the authorities say(or really think, I really dont know whatīs inside their head) brain cell DO regenerate, if they didnīt they woldnīt be cells....
    Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the reaper... - Magus

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    The question is: What places will allow it inside their building anyway?
    My house.

Hmmm weed.. last stats i checked.. the black market revenue for marijuana was 16.5 billion dollars a year in the U.S. alone...(my memory is probably out dated..) that plus tax.. hmm.. who knows.. might help the economy out.. but c'mon man.. it's a PLANT.. grows from the Earth.. it's just as much part of this Earth as we are.. granted there have been some alterations made to some of it.. but the same goes for food. I mean the concept of smoking an herb is in our blood.. using herbs to heal and alter the state of mind. Why do we want to alter the state of mind.. so that we see with our HEARTS! So many people get too caught up in logic.. though, logic is accredited to the success of the human species.. but no one accredits the heart for anything anymore. And I'm not saying smoke everyday.. and trip peyote in the desert and start talking to plants.. ha... but c'mon.. we have rights to this planet.. being born here.. using herbs is just as much of our planetary culture as fishing.. or hunting.. and true we have hunted too much.. there are places I'm sure we've fished too much.. and there are people who smoke too much.. and it's the responsibility of the rest of us.. to look out for those that go over board.. and put a stop to it.. such as making weed illegal for political strategy with no merit to the scientific outlook and then the continuous following of tradition and fear of change due to ignorance. Or the responsibility of a friend to sit another down and be like "look.. you need to chill"..you know..

But.. laws, and bureaucratic asses get involved and everyone is trying to find the loop holes in everything with their noses in a book... but forget to look up.. and actually look at people like a person, instead of statistics. Also the politicians are afraid of the subject.. just simply afraid... afraid to do something different for fear of social persecution.. or at least that's how I understand it.. how I look at it. And of course I don't mean ALL politicians and what not.. I'm sure there's some poor sap out there trying to make a difference, thinking with his heart, but all the other devils out there just step on him to gain rank etc etc..

But. just common sense tells us weed isn't "THE DEVIL".. like some disinformation campaigns would have you believe.. and while we're on the topic.. I wonder how deadly tobacco is before the cigarette companies get a hold of it with their additives and chemicals and what not. ..

Meh... most of this is just my opinion... no real facts to back it up.. cept maybe the gross amount of $$$ for marijuana... you don't have to agree.. and I'm really not here to debate really, just chip in my 2 cents and there's probably some logical fallacies in there but I'm too tired to really care..

If psychological dependence is established, habitual use of a nervous stimulant is not going to end well for the user. Yes, it's fairly harmless... but what will happen when people get used to it and no longer feel its effects?

On the same note, something doesn't have to directly harm you to be harmful. If a substance impairs your judgement in any way, the decisions you make when under influence of said substance can be drastically different from what you normally make. No, you won't jump off buildings or rob banks, but the state of euphoria given will probably mess with you, if you make a habit of getting it. You could start missing out on sleep. You could begin eating too much or too little. Your attention span could shorten. And so forth.

And no, not everyone will experience these effects, in the same way alcohol doesn't make everyone a drunk. Yet is it ethical to provide substances that some can use safely, but will undoubtedly wreck a handful of people's lives every year? That's the big question the US still struggles with.
    Last edited by Hamachi; 08-16-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    And no, not everyone will experience these effects, in the same way alcohol doesn't make everyone a drunk. Yet is it ethical to provide substances that some can use safely, but will undoubtedly wreck a handful of people's lives every year? That's the big question the US still struggles with.
    McDonalds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    On the same topic, how do you guys feel about laws banning use of trans fats in foods? Is this a step in the right direction? My county (Montgomery County, MD) passed it already.

TBH, I think we're dodging the issue when it comes to obesity because it //is// a lifestyle disease caused by many cumulative indulgences. Mostly being inactive, which is something that can only be helped by that person alone. But it's a helluva lot easier to ban trans fats than change the behavior of hundreds of thousands of people, so it's a realistic solution. Esp. in the 9-5 white collar work atmosphere, where sitting at a desk staring at a monitor is the day-in-day-out.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    On the same topic, how do you guys feel about laws banning use of trans fats in foods? Is this a step in the right direction? My county (Montgomery County, MD) passed it already.
    I this happens in 26 states, I will make a recording of me eating a $5 bill.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah it's stupid, but I can't think of a better solution than that. I mean are we gonna send everyone to fat camp or something.

No tran fats? so is illegal to use oil to cook? wtf?

Banning trans fat is retarded, when you use olive oil to cook some vegetables in the pan, you are already transforming the fat of the oil on trans fat (this make illegal most of the chinese cantones food).

The problem is not the trans fat, is the bad diet in general. You can't live eating pasta, pizza, or bacon, you need a good diet with all the good and some of the bad. I hate people who kill them selfs to eat healthy, and so I hate people who only want mcdonald.