View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Jubeh@
    hey man is nothing personal, but how much cost a chocolate bar where you live.

Funny fact:
    I went close to a Mcdonald with a friend and someone went to the cash to ask "excuse me, is nothing personal, but how much cost a big mac?"

I don't take it personal. Sorry if it looked like that

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Kudos, I need the car to go to work - and it's dagnerous - I had acidents. But I don't think I need to smoke or that smoking will help me in any way.
    No you don't. You can ride a bike, or walk. This is your life we are talking about.

I live in New York. I am able to benefit from a very present public transit system. I don't even have a learner's permit. I can get anywhere and everywhere I want to go by bus or train, or by walking. So just as smoking won't help you in any way, driving a car won't help me in any way. Would you consider it reasonable if I then said "I think private ownership of cars should be forbidden, but it is a personal choice."

Or, hell, a more accurate and clear analogy. I do not enjoy most sports. I find basketball uninteresting to watch and have neither the desire nor the physical means to play it well. Would anyone consider it reasonable if I said "I think basketball should be forbidden but it is a personal choice."

The government has no right to legislate what people do for recreation. It is not the government's job to tell people who are doing something harmless that they must stop.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Drugs are not bad. It's the person taking it who makes it 'bad' or not. Just like with the car. And continually taking it is definitely bad. just like excess of anything is bad. Marijuana can be legalized but with some restrictions on age, quantity etc. Probably just like alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    No you don't. You can ride a bike, or walk. This is your life we are talking about...
    I knew you were going to say this. Well you drive with a bike in 10 inch snow when it is -5 outside. I'm in Buffalo and the Public transport here is bad. Yes I could take a bus to work and using half my day in travel so I take the risk of 10 min car drive. And I'll probably move to a bigger city for that reason. I'd prefer to use the public transport if it is confartable enought. Maybe I'll drive a bike in spring and summer. It's not far away but people here drive like crazy and I'm not really sure if it is going to be safer to bike. I car crossed the way of a friend a few months ago and hit his bike. Fortunaltly only the bike had damages.

But I find no reason to smoke and I think is unhealty (my opinion) so I will not smoke.
    And yes smoking sholuld be forbidden. In school 60-70% of the kids were smoking just because they think it was cool or something. One girl told me that she smokes because when she is out in a party everybody smokes and she feels like an outsider if she doesn't. And then she starts talking about people who reached 90 years and stills smoke. As if she knows that it's bad but serches for a reason to think that this is fine.

Kudos, you should go to a country where you can smoke anywhere. You go to the bus stop and pople surrond you and start to smoke. If you don't smoke you'll find this very unplesant. You go to a restaurant to eat and people sit on the next table and starts smoking. Well I can not enjoy food if someone smokes next to me. So now in BG they want to forbid and forced them to smoke in special areas. But no, that's not going to happen. Most people smoke. They don't care about those that don't do that. And if you politely ask them not to smoke while you eat they jumb on you like you are some evil monster that doesn't smoke and starts talking about freedom and shits. I don't care. What about my freedom?!

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Violin, you need to calm down. Kodos wasn't saying that you should smoke cigarettes or pot or anything else. Maybe read his post again and try and figure that out. Don't jump down people's throats when you're complaining about them supposedly doing the same to you.

I think it should be legalized. I don't understand why it's legal to drink alcohol, but not legal to smoke pot. More people die from drunk driving (or being hit by a someone under the influence) than they do of marijuana smokers. Alcohol also has more serious consequences when abused. I have seen burn-outs, but that from people who seriously smoked ALL the time. I'm all for moderation, too. You shouldn't do anything in excess, but on the same token, something like pot shouldn't be illegal because some people abuse it. If that's the case, we better make eating illegal, cause there's a whole lot of obese peoples here, and it's affecting their health.

Plus, legalizing it would, I feel, be good for the economy (I think someone was mentioning this earlier.) It could be taxed, it would provide jobs (people planting, harvesting, packaging, etc...) and it would also allow us to have hemp farming, which would be AWESOME. Right now it's illegal to even grow hemp here (so stupid....)
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ violin
    Don't they have sections for smokers and non-smokers? I find that kind of odd.

I voted for "no".
    Something that just popped into my mind: Cigars and cigarettes are well-known for being harmful but they are not forbidden, why? I need to research about that.

EDIT: The answer is already in some of the previous posts >_<"
    Last edited by Yara; 02-04-2011 at 01:24 PM.

I knew that Yara would chose "no".

Go to smoke cigarres and get drunk you nerd.

Reasons why there are less weed car accidents: Because people who smoke get stoned. TSTD = To stone to drive.