View Poll Results: Would you legalize Marijuana in the United States?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

27 67.50%
  • Hell no!

13 32.50%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs are bad, mkay?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Marijuana should be legal. It's non-addictive and non-harmful and, either way, it is not the governments job to protect us from ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Plus I know that boy from my High School. He wasn't dumb or stupid but he was smoking marijuana everyday. He still does. I just met him last year. 4 years since I last met him. He is now super super dumb and stupid. I could not believe it, he is not the same anymore. There is no way to describe it. You have to see the person now and 4 years ago. He either switched to drugs or what books says about marijuana is true.
    It's not true. Marijuana has no long-term neurological effects.

I think it should be forbidden - but it's peoples choice. I don't want to convice anyone if it is bad. In my opinion if there is a chance that it will harm you - why do it?
    Have you ever ridden inside of a car? Why? The odds of you getting in a car accident and becoming seriously injured or being killed are significant.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Yeah, if one individual has suffer it everyone else is in danger (false statement).

The same I could say for most people I know. All my teacher in the University smoke weed before I did born, all my classmate do, etc. And most of them doesn't show an intelect less than the average.

The deal is also that you are not telling all the details (violin). Because of course someone is going to become extra dumb if he doesn't read, doesn't study, etc. And all this is appart of smoking weed. So we shouldn't blame weed because he was a stupid kid who didn't took the chance of a good education.

Until know I haven't see any case of a person made dumb by weed (I have seen dumb people taking bad desitions, but not because weed did it).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 02-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    There's a difference between being addicted to something and doing it recreationally. Everything's fine in moderation. Including Marry Jane.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

The addictiong of weed is psychologic, not biologic. Cigarres provoke a biologic dependence; this mean that the body ask you for more. Weed doesn't do this, the only way to get addicted to marihuana is to have a psychologic problem that trigger the dependence in a psychologic level.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    I think marijuana should be legalized, and that they should tax the shit out of it.

Marijuana isn't quite as bad as your school books say it is. Yes, it makes you really stupid, and can make you paranoid and fuck with your short-term memory. Can you think of another substance that can do that that's legal? Think really hard.

Some people who smoke pot a lot are dumb and lazy, but I'm willing to bet that they were pretty dumb and lazy to begin with. I know quite a few upper-middle-class professionals who smoke fairly often and do their jobs just fine. Hell my ex boyfriend's parents were a lobbyist and a guy studying for his doctorate, and we smoked with them and a successful lawyer couple on a few different occasions.

I'm not saying that marijuana is harmless, or claiming that it's a miracle cure like some people will, but I really don't see why it should remain illegal.

Well here is my two-cents of the issue. Personally, I would legalize marijuana with minimal taxation for the economic benefits it might bring.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Plus I know that boy from my High School. He wasn't dumb or stupid but he was smoking marijuana everyday. He still does. I just met him last year. 4 years since I last met him. He is now super super dumb and stupid. I could not believe it, he is not the same anymore. There is no way to describe it. You have to see the person now and 4 years ago. He either switched to drugs or what books says about marijuana is true.
    That's a neat anecdote but I know guys that are much smarter than me that smoke marijuana daily. There is no dichotomy there. It's not smoke weed/be dumb or don't smoke weed/be a better person.

Also with this you are gaving a better job to mexicans.

De la droga que sembramos, ustedes son consumidores.

(JK)

By dumb and stupid I don't say not educated. It looked as if you were speaking with 10 years old kid but he was 22. And he was way better when he was 18 (wasn't like a 10 years old then). Is it the weed - I don't know. I've seen others too but they haven't changed that dramatically. But I never seen someone who is healthy and don't smoke and don't drink to get stupid for such a short period of time. ( this is what I've seen - I don't say there are no other cases )

And hey - don't jump on me. I don't care if it is good or not because I don't smoke.

Kudos, I need the car to go to work - and it's dagnerous - I had acidents. But I don't think I need to smoke or that smoking will help me in any way.

Nobody is jumping on you, merely correcting what you are saying. There is no reason to take anything personally.