Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What comic/manga are you reading?

IBITSU, I don't know if I would recommend it yet <.<

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The last Warhammer book I started reading (Palace of the Plague Lord) turned out to suck pretty hard so I stopped reading it...seeing as though I got a bunch for Christmas, I am now reading another.

Warhammer Empire in Chaos By: Anthony Reynolds....wayyy better, I may be addicted to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    The last Warhammer book I started reading (Palace of the Plague Lord) turned out to suck pretty hard so I stopped reading it...seeing as though I got a bunch for Christmas, I am now reading another.

Warhammer Empire in Chaos By: Anthony Reynolds....wayyy better, I may be addicted to it lol.
    Read any of the 40k-based stuff? Gaunt's Ghosts (Dan Abnett) and the Soul Drinker trilogy (Ben Counter) in perticular are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    I agree that the Nausicaa manga's are great. They have so much more details than what happens in the movie. But I have some issues with the ending but I guess the ending isn't really concrete and more a part of the legend of Nausicaa.
    Read a decent chunk of this, but not all. Too bad there isn't really a legitimate way of getting these were I live... The world really needs more Dieselpunk, it's just too bad that Miyazaki's newer works don't really keep it up. >_>

Right now I'm reading one piece, reborn, scott pilgrim, infinite stratos and that's pretty much itOne piece just started my god there is a lot 2 read of it and reborn i have 2 wait for ages for one chapter 2 come out anyone else reading this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Read any of the 40k-based stuff? Gaunt's Ghosts (Dan Abnett) and the Soul Drinker trilogy (Ben Counter) in perticular are delicious.

Read a decent chunk of this, but not all. Too bad there isn't really a legitimate way of getting these were I live... The world really needs more Dieselpunk, it's just too bad that Miyazaki's newer works don't really keep it up. >_>
    I'd prefer reading the 40k series...if I felt like getting up and finding some lol.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Son44
    Yeah, I wanted more as well but I guess that's where fanfics and fanworks come into the picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    He has some smattering of dieselpunk here and there but not completely... Laputa and Howl's Moving Castle come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by newosan View Post
    Right now I'm reading one piece, reborn, scott pilgrim, infinite stratos and that's pretty much itOne piece just started my god there is a lot 2 read of it and reborn i have 2 wait for ages for one chapter 2 come out anyone else reading this stuff?
    Yup! Quite a number here read One Piece and KHR.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    He has some smattering of dieselpunk here and there but not completely... Laputa and Howl's Moving Castle come to mind.
    Certainaly; Porco Rosso and Lupin III totally count aswell...

I just mean that none of his other works really go for it full-on like he does in his early art books, which are complete with things like WWII german pigs and all sorts of marvelous made-up aircraft carriers and mega tanks and other gizmos... I understand he's become a total pacifist since, so I guess that's fair enough... but it still would have been nice if somebody else took up the banner. :3

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Maybe you should take it up Regantor if you love it that much. C:

Btw, speaking of Porco Rosso, I heard that Miyazaki is considering making the sequel. I'll look for the news article about it...

[UPDATE 2/16/2011]
    Found it! It's here. It won't be an official Ghibli film. Miyazaki is simply considering it as a hobby.

I haven't watched Porco Rosso yet. Would you recommend it?

... On another note, I'm finding a webcomic called Spinnerette to be totally awesome. It's like mangas meet Marvel Comics, and the approach makes it really different from Spidey too.

I like that webcomic. It reminds me mostly of that one version of spiderman who didn't quite mutate right...so he got 6 arms lol.

edit: http://www.krakowstudios.com/spinner...4/02/04022010/
    Oh...wow wut? lmao
    Last edited by GunZet; 02-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.