Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What comic/manga are you reading?

In here at least those are not used any more, people like to be refereed to them by their names. Might it be because of this that people see us as a more friendly culture, because we behave with everyone in the same "friendly" way.

Hey, we're only unfriendly in the northeast. ):<

what

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    You are not part of that culture, and neither us. But we do are part of the culture of Mr./Ms. (these ones are used for married people, not older people).

The mr., ms., sir, lady, etc. Have been dying a long time ago in occidental culture.
    Believe it or not, our culture is very similar to Japan's. Perhaps it's a coincidence, perhaps it's because they invaded us in the past... And we have strong ties with Japan too. And like I said, it's not something to do with being the part of Japanese culture or not, it's more like respecting that culture.

FYI, in my culture, you address people older than you, or the elder, or the person that "higher" than you with Sir or add Mr/Ms/Mrs in front of his/her first name. Very similar to Japanese culture/way of adding -san, -kun, -sensei behind their last (or first if they are close) name.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    FYI, in my culture, you address people older than you, or the elder, or the person that "higher" than you with Sir or add Mr/Ms/Mrs in front of his/her first name. Very similar to Japanese culture/way of adding -san, -kun, -sensei behind their last (or first if they are close) name.
    There are other countries that have that kind of titular respect though so you're not the only one. And I'm not talking about other Asian countries either.

I know. That's why I find it pretty strange that they make a big fuss over it...

reading on

i am currently reading naruto shippuden

Right now I'm into Shanao Yoshitsune Genpei War. I get bored waiting for the latest Freezing and Needless chapters...

Devilman. It's incredible violent, at the point that the father of the character tell to the kids that they need to fight (for no reason) and there is a girl who get exited with violence (and she carry a knife).

i'm reading KHR and Bleach...
    good manga i think, eventhought they have a so much series (like bleach 530 series by now)......