Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What comic/manga are you reading?

I am reading my new Jan issue of Shonen Jump, I am liking Psyren a lot

Right now, I'm read D. Gray-Man, Death Note and Afro Samurai. They are all really good, but I would recommend D. Gray-Man out of all of them.

I'm Currently reading Skip Beat!. though it's shoujo and has a predictable and cliched story, it's got some really awesome characters (especially the protagonist) and its damn funny!! Its interesting to see how different people react to the situations, and its enjoyable. Some parts (usually the main character's thinking) really crack me up!
    I like action with a bit of emotional content type manga. Any suggestions?
    (P.S. I like death note, bleach, kaze no stigma, inu yasha, detective school q, ultra maniac etc etc...u get the idea ;)

I am currently reading Inuyasha. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Read it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 261
    Currently waiting on volume 2 of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki. It's pretty good, but it's a little hard to recommend because it's a spin-off manga. If you haven't read the Suzumiya Haruhi book/manga series or watched the anime, most especially The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya storyline, then you might not get into The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki as much. (I could be wrong, though.)

In the meantime, (when not reading books) I've been passing the time by reading Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. (One of my personal favorites. Although a little on the dark side, it's really funny.)
    Good manga! I'm actually working on collecting. As for me, I just finished the newest volumes of Otomen and D.Gray-Man and am working on Curse of the Wendigo, Red Pyramid, and Rise of the Huntress.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Phew! I finally finished reading One Piece up to the present chapter. I gotta say that it's truly one of the best manga's out there from characters, background, and just the detail of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 394
    I like action with a bit of emotional content type manga. Any suggestions?
    (P.S. I like death note, bleach, kaze no stigma, inu yasha, detective school q, ultra maniac etc etc...u get the idea ;)
    Try reading Beauty Pop, Crimson Hero and Kare Kano.

Quote Originally Posted by 1118
    I am currently reading Inuyasha. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Read it. lol
    Inu Yasha is good. I really got to read that series properly - I tend to see bits and pieces of the anime. xD

@Rio i watched the anime Kare Kano, and didn't find it as exciting. i'll try Crimson Hero. Thanks for the suggestions though! :)
    I was always curious about One Piece, but everytime i think of starting it i get scared looking at the number of volumes, or episodes in case of the anime!i'm already stuck somewhere half way already with Bleach, FMA and Naruto, and i don't want to start another massive series or else i'm not going to do anything else!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Reading One Piece is actually pretty fast. Reading it right now when there's a lot to read is actually the best, imo. You don't have to wait every week for the next chapter plus it's easier to read each arc since the story is read seamlessly instead of waiting each week to find what happens next (it makes it feel disjointed, in other words). Give it a try!

Naruto, and One Piece

Naruto I'm up to date, One piece i'm around the 200's

Haha, Rio! The wonderful thing about One Piece is that while waiting for the next weeks chapter you can always re-read some old adventure XD

Anyway, a friend told me I should try to read a manga called "7 seeds". Won't start until I've finished my exams but I'll let you know what it's like sooon. Anyone read it?