Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What comic/manga are you reading?

What comic/manga are you reading?

Yeah, post in here what comic/manga are you reading, what do you think about it, and if you would recommend it or not.

I started re-reading Scott Pilgrim recently. I'm not going at it at the pace I did before, so it will probably take me a while to get through it. If I find something else though, I will probably read that before finishing SP again. I want to read Beck, but a lot of scanlation sites are down.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Right now, I'm trying to catch up with tons of One Piece chapters. I've got a long way to go (I'm in the 300's).

Anyways, if you like adventure, fights, lots of characters, laughs, drama, and all that good stuff, then this is a very epic series you should follow.

I'm reading Sprite, is a new manga, that has only a few chapters released, but it look kinda cool in this few chapters. Even so, some dialogues and characters are kinda boring, and you might think this story is the typical "epic event with no explanation"... but it has only few chapters, so I'm going to keep reading when the others come out.

I just got done reading Mugen Spiral and was sadly disappointed. I mean, I really think it sucked.

I'm gearing up to read I think Bride of the Water God (actually manhwa, but does it count?) or Dogs. Has anyone read them? Am I wasting my time? Dogs looked really interesting, what with the fancy covers and all.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Allot of the manga's i was reading have disappeared suddenly or arent updating at all(scanlators probably got shut down/got scared when OneManga bit the dust?). I was Reading Zombie-Loan (It messed with my head and i liked that) and now i cant even find the old chapters. Maybe i will have to go actually buy them then i guess.

Currently waiting on volume 2 of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki. It's pretty good, but it's a little hard to recommend because it's a spin-off manga. If you haven't read the Suzumiya Haruhi book/manga series or watched the anime, most especially The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya storyline, then you might not get into The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki as much. (I could be wrong, though.)

In the meantime, (when not reading books) I've been passing the time by reading Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. (One of my personal favorites. Although a little on the dark side, it's really funny.)

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    Well finished reading Beck (It's a really good manga, kinda long but I recomended) ,yesterday I finished reading Scott Pilgrim (100% recommended), now I'm reading Neon Genesis Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku(Cool retelling of the story but without the mechas)gives kinda Shin MegaTen Persona-ish feel.So if you didn't like either Persona or Neon Genesis Evangelion it's not the manga for you, in the other hand, if you loved them(like me) then read it its a good manga.

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    I almost forgot, High School of the Dead its also a good manga

Just to let you know, Andrew, instead of double posting, you should edit your previous post instead. Maybe you should read over the rules if you haven't already.