Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 591

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

  1. #331
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    "Akaiji is helping."

    The crabby samurai behemoth scoured the town with a fine-tooth comb looking for information, knocking over trash pails and terrorising old people.

    You could say he combed it far too finely, infact. Sometimes he would even ask random wild animals or pets for advice, on the off chance they were a sentient speicies he had not heard about yet. It varied a little, but the most of the time he just asked about either "Your mind contents regarding floating box collosal for rent or small purchace." or "Dishourable corsairs who must be respectifully stabbed in the head for the respectable respect of the honourable town and one's own honourable orders."

    This probally didn't help?

    SPOILER! :
    Boatish informations; 1d20=6
    Piratical informations;
    1d20=17
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.

  2. #332
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    Thanks to Meg and Akaiji's questioning, the group was able to more or less gather information to give them a good idea where the pirate's might be lairing on the river. And, to boot, they were able to gather information about where they could charter a ship. 50 gold and the captain was willing to take them close to the island, and provide them with rowboats to take them the rest of the way.

    Score?

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  3. #333
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    Akaiji approached each individual party member proclaiming "Follow! This one has located good fares for human transporting boat of good captian, fifty golds in rent!"

    Probally not the most efficient way to get the entire group together, but eh, the snaking line of confused mercenaries did eventually lead to a boat which they could use.

    "Carry us within range of dirty souled corsairs, fine honourable captian, and my fifty golden coins will be your fifty golden coins." Despite talking like a hot-blooded man of action, this was indeed still in the cold-blooded crabman's ever present monotone. That said, he didn't exactly wait for an answer, instead clumbsily jolting up the tiny boarding plank and causing the boat's poor gideropes to screech under the straign of the added weight. Let's just say that the lurking hands didn't quite know how to deal with the idea of working for a sea monster. "Haste would give me appreciational qualities. The unjust must be multiply penetrated by our fine blades, justly."

    For a second, as he settled into the middle of the deck, it was almost as if his gnawish collection of face mandibles made a charming little grin for a second... Well, okay, maybe charmingly horrifying.

  4. #334
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    And so the group made their final preparations sailed off to the pirate fort.

    ***

    The fort itself was built into an island, and the island itself was for the most part little more than a large chunk of rock jutting out of the ocean, a small mountain of sorts. The captain agreed to wait 24 hours for you to return. Even if he left, though, it's not like it would be that hard to find one's way off an island run by pirates. I mean, they probably had a boat or two. How hard could it be to work a boat? I mean, it's just like a horse, but wood, and on the water, right?

    ***

    The group made landfall in their little canoes around dusk. It may have been better for stealth to wait until night proper, but given the fact you were going to a giant rock surrounded by other, smaller, rocks, the captain strongly suggested they go while you still had at least some visibility, because if you broke his canoes and died he'd be really mad at them.

    There was a natural path of sorts, thankfully, since the island was rocky and - this close to the water - fairly full of vegetation.

    Up ahead they could see a/the dock and a/the pirate ship there. Odds are there were probably people and/or monsters there, too.
    Hopefully the hypothetical people monsters didn't see the group yet.

    WHAT DO?
    SPOT CHECK?

    Also you don't need to make checks or anything to talk quietly among yourselves. I assume you are all able to use your inside voices.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  5. #335
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Undefeated Battle Sheep Champion
    Posts
    5,782
    Ganzorig hopped out of the canoe, then ran up the path while brandishing his polearm. "LETS FUCK EM UUUUPPPP!!!!"

  6. #336
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    Mister Akaiji was a little too cumbersome for one of the tiny porting canoes, not to mention the fact that he weighed close to half a metric ton. Fortunately, the crabby genius did have his own solution...

    Without informing anyone, he just walked off the side of the ship and dissapeared into the craggy waters. Just after the others had made landfall, came the sight of him simply walking ashore as if this was all completely normal... Hey, maybe next time you could just stick a canoe to his head?...

    Those amber little blobs he called eyes took in a large portion of the surrounding terrian.

    SPOILER! :
    Spot and Listen checks;

    1d20+2=18, 1d20+2=9

    Ah, one of our squishy hue-mans was running towards three not so nice ones, probally not detecting them. Lumberingly, Akaiji moved to give him a little backup, whilst unsheathing a rather large blade...

    Well, okay, 'rather large' was an understatement, really. The sword was easily the length, width and thickness of one of the paddles they had just been using, if not slightly bigger.
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.

  7. #337
    Lucky Member Blue_Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Champagne Supernovar
    Posts
    959
    Myfanwy looked ahead as the canoes reached shore. Before anyone had time to look about, one of their members had run headlong towards the fort. She chose to hang back with the group, not really sure what to expect. She also preferred staying close to the giant crab, as--scary as he was--because seemed to have the sense to look about before plunging into trouble. His armor would also be a plus should any sharp objects and/or explosives be hurled their way (she was no coward, but as her specialty was hand to hand combat, projectiles tended to slow her down.) She waited to see what the others were planning to do.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

  8. #338
    Shun got off the boat and staggered on after Ganzorig. The sooner they dealt with these pirates the sooner he could get back and fuck that potions lady.

  9. #339
    One Thousand Member jaidurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,699
    Yu decided to go with the flow. No point in staying behind and do nothing.

    Maybe the pirates had some treasure that could get her some serious cash. Who knows.

    With luck she could smash some heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

  10. #340
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    The three pirates - two male one female, all armed with swords - were in conversation when all of a sudden a half-naked man came screaming out of the bushes, followed by a horrible crab monster, some sort of homeless person, and a bunch of hot ladies.

    Strangest guard shift ever.


    Big M is Meg, little m is Myfanwy. Box is around Akaiji as a reminder that he counts as a large creature and takes up 2x2 squares on the combat map. The blue spots are water, the gray spots are easily traversed 'regular' ground, and the white spots are areas of dense foliage and/or lots of rocks - you can move through them, but every 5 feet of it counts as 10 feet. The dark gray bits up north is just to show there's a cave that way, and the brown is the dock/pier. Ganzorig goes first, but after that my ruling is the usual - turn order is whatever just only once per turn, obviosuly. You caught the pirates off guard, so they go last. Let's get this moving fast.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •