Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Hui watched in silent amusement as Akaiji tried and failed to enter the shop, ultimately giving up and taking vigil in the doorway.

"Hello," she said with a smile. "You're more well-spoken than any other Crabfolk I've ever met." She gave a bow. "Hui Yihuo, alchemist. I take it you're with these two lovelies?" Hui turned back to Yu, face lit up. "You didn't tell me you were working for a dragon! This is exciting!"

The Magistrate's place was suitably opulent, although like most places in Wu outside of the capital city and the Draconic estates, not too ostentatious. Meg and Myfanwy explained to one of the clerks that they were there on behalf of Lord Yao to help out. The clerk seemed suspicious - they were, after all, two foreigners - but not wanting to possibly risk the shame that would come from doubting the judgment of a Dragon, he went and fetched the magistrate.

Magistrate Zheng was an older man at the beginnings of middle age. His hair and long mustache were well groomed, and between his fastidious appearance and traditional robes, he looked pretty much like the quintessential archetype of a magistrate or minister which Megaera had grown up to know.

"Ladies," Zheng said with a slight nod of the head. "I was to understand that Lord Yao was sending more than just two agents - although if you are all he is sent, do not for a second think that I would dare to presume to doubt his august personage's judgment."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"His judgment is not then what you then, last, stated. He did indeed send a number of us, a few are visiting another...contact. Is it a problem, sir, that they are not present?" Megaera asked, politely but firm.

After Meg spoke, but before the magistrate could respond, Myfanwy felt she should say something (since she hadn't been doing much to help out.) "We're here about the pirates," she stated bluntly, then gave a fleeting smile, in case she'd done or said something rude. She wasn't used to all the formalities of this country, and found it hard to follow their social rules.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

"Ah, that is good to know. I shall defer to your judgment, and so I imagine it will pose no problem if the others are not present." Zheng said. "So tell me, what exactly may I do to help you in your endeavors?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"As my partner here mentioned, we were wondering about the pirates. Is there anything you could tell us? Even the basics would help," Megaera replied.

"There is little we know for certain. The pirates have long operated from some base along the river, but as of the last few months they have grown more daring and debased. Formerly they operated in equal parts as raiders and slavers, but now their primary concern seems to be slavery. Mercifully they have thus far left the city itself unscathed, but their attacks on the countryside and on ships grow more bold, and I fear that in time even this last taboo shall be breached." Zheng sighed. "And with the pirates savaging sea trade, and the ghosts of the forest making land travel difficult at best, our economy is in dire peril. The town is dying, and you must save it."

"We'll certainly try, but we need more assistance. Was there anyone who'd experienced an attack in the countryside who still lives uncaptured?"

You could sort of tell that the crab man wanted to bow back, but lacked the waist. Instead, he just sort of lowered his eye-stalks for a moment and left it at that.

"Much obligement. Name Akaijishinkaminarikajioyaji, or Akaiji for chimps." Could you sense a little respect seeping through his monotone? Or perhaps it was attraction? Or hunger? Answers on a post card... "Archaic script for Red Thunder, I'm sure smart holy squishy-outside primate Hui Yihuo know. Magnificent Dragon Master Yao is from which name was given, and voice of the mind... Two humans.... Yes, they are working on same holy mission."

"...Also, what is... 'Alchemist'?... Thing know where magistrate is being in a location currently, as job?"

"I'm not a primate." Hui said, picking up her fox in her arms and stroking the adorable animal's fur. "But thank you... I think?" Smiling she put her fox back down. "'Course I know where the magistrate lives. Need directions?"

"None I am aware of." Was Zheng's answer. "The pirates are not in the habit of leaving survivors, as far as we can tell."

Myfanwy turned to Meg. "What do you think? Should we tell everyone else? Or is there anything else we should know?"
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique