Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

"The ceiling will serve you no advantages in your angle of attack, honoured aggressors." Akaiji spoke loudly and clearly, his body turning so that he could gaze upwards.

Simultaniously, he clubbed a claw against the floor, checking for reverberations. There didn't seem to be much below the floorboards. Good.

"...No enemies underneath..."

He didn't want anybody to attack his weak point for massive damage.

"I plan on ripping them to shreds. Not sure about Lin over there." Meg was excited to get her mind off things with a good fight. "Lin, let's make this a contest. Whoever kicks more ass and looks sexier while doing it wins!"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Sounds fun," Lin responded with a smirk. "Although it won't be very much of a contest, fatass." She added cattily. Oh, Lin.

It wasn't long thereafter that the triad goons made their entrance, five of them, all armed with quarterstaves, rushing in with a yell. They each seemed to single out one of the party to attack, although Akaiji due to his size and, you know, monstrous nature seemed to warrant two of the thugs.
    Ganzorig's attacker could only grunt in disappointment as his quarterstaff thudded harmlessly off of Ganzorig's hide armor. Lin, likewise, simply laughed softly as she effortlessly dodged her attacker's swing. "My face is up here, darling," Lin teased before lashing out with two rapid-fire kicks that slammed into her would-be attacker's face and chest.
    Possibly to Lin's annoyance, although she obviously had her own fight to worry about, Meg also managed to dodge her attacker.
    The two goons who had taken upon themselves the daunting task of fighting the Crab Samurai both thrust their quarterstaves towards him. The first harmlessly bounced off the armored Samurai's form, but the second managed to somehow catch a joint and actually meaningfully connect, although it didn't do very much damage.

Akaiji is hit once and takes 4 damages!
    The Goon opposite Lin is hit twice and takes 29 damages!

So you can do crap on your own, here are the Goons' stats:
    HP: 54
    AC: 11
    Fort 8, Ref 3, Will 2.
    I gave the goons initiative since they rushed in. I didn't give them a surprise round, though, since you were expecting them. Obviously Lin's counter-attack occured on her turn (I gave her initiative first among you lot because I'm letting you post in any order and it saves time) but for the sake of narrative flow I gave her her turn before I described the other goons.
    Speaking of Lin; her rolls may be slightly different next round. My sheet for her was quite old, didn't reflect the Monk changes, and also had a few mistakes. So I just guesstimated given some shit.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ganzorig just kind of sighed at the goon that attacked him, then swung his mighty guandao down twice on the other goon that Lin had already injured. Both attacks dug in deep, and the poor guy just went SPLAT on the floor. The second attack ended up hitting the henchman in front of Ganzorig, also.
    SPOILER! :
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4401752/
    attacks = 30 and 25
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4401752/
    damage = 14, 20

CLEAVE
    attack http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4401755/ = 20 or something
    damage
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4401763/ = 18

so one dude is knocked out and another takes 18 damage

Last edited by Evil_Cake; 02-11-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Either he felt no pain, or the crabish thing simply had a differant way of dealing with it. The result was the same. A perfectly practiced retaliatory strike with his massive sword, slinking out of the scabbard, and then brutally into the enemies' body with all the finesse of a whale slamming down onto a boat above the waves. Or something like that. It looked bloody majestic in a really messy way, anyway.

SPOILER! :
    Two handed power attack roll.
    1d20+13-5=11
    Damage done.
    1d10+17=21

Aimed at the higher of the two guys, for convience sake.

The man took a severe beating but, suprisingly earning his wage, somehow managed to remain standing through is injuries.

Meg thrust her leg upwards off the ground towards the nads of the goon in front of her - these chumps must have had a supernatural sense for their groin. The baddie jumped out of the way right quick. "Hold still you damn ciggy butt brain!" Meg shouted.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

Jesus Christ, Invisible Castle!

"I had him, handsome, but thanks." Lin purred seductively towards Ganzorig as he took out the goon she had already softened up, before laughing towards Megaera. "Maybe you should try losing some weight, you'll kick faster, fatass." Oh, Lin.
    Lin probably should have been paying less attention to Megaera and more attention to the goon closest to Ganzorig, as he lashed out twice with his quarterstaff, failing to hit Ganzorig, but giving Lin a decently hard shot to the chest. In the goon's defense, it was a big target.
    "Fucker!" Lin's kick to her opponent's manhoodfound its target better than Meg's did, though. Unsurprisingly he dropped his staff and doubled over, stunned and holding himself. Lin smirked.
    The goon Megaera had tried and failed to give the same treatment responded, much like the poor fellow with his potential chances of becoming a father now in question, he struck out twice, 1d20+9=29, 1d20+4=13failing to hit Megaera[/url] but managed to bring up his staff and slam it hard and fast between the older woman's legs as she went for another kick. "Shriveled old bitch!" The blow connected with enough force that even the goon seemed kind of surprised by it, Lin reacting with a ear-splitting shriek that would have made even the rest of the party that didn't wince in sympathy wince, before she doubled over holding herself, and them slumped face-down, apparently having passed out from the pain. The goon, for his part, seemed equal measure pleased and surprised with himself. Truly luck was on his side (and fucking how!).
    The goons attacking Akaiji had no such luck and their staves basically just made noise as they harmlessly bounced off of Akaiji's crabbiness. They were clearly momentarily emboldened by Lin being knocked unconscious, but whatever morale boost that gave them was quickly erased by the realization that, yeah, they would probably pass out themselves, of exhaustion, before they managed to beat in the crab-man.

Lin is hit once for 9 damages
    The Goon opposite Ganzorig is hit once for 34 damages! He is also stunned!
    1d20+9=29, 1d20+4=13Critical Threat Against Lin![/url]
    Critical Hit against Lin! Potential Double-Crit!
    Double Crit Confirmed! Potential Triple-Crit! (Jesus Christ!)
    Triple Crit Confirmed!
    Lin takes 36 damages!

I didn't bother rolling how long the goon is stunned for because, yeah, unless Ganzorig misses somehow he's done this round. This is also the same reason I didn't bother dealing with his fumble, since he wound up dropping his weapon, anyway.

Lin is at 25 out of 70 HP as a heads-up. I'm going to finally fix her sheet this week, so honestly in future fights, she may have more/less HP since the sheet I'm using reflects an older version of my Monk changes and some other stuff. Her HP may be wrong, and her AC and Attacks are almost certainly.
    Now, regarding what happened to poor Lin READ THIS THIS IS IMPORTANT. Massive Damage happened. Massive Damage is what happens when you take more than half of your MAXIMUM HP in a single hit, which she did since her Massive Damage Threshhold would be 35 since she has 70 HP. When you take Massive Damage it's normally Save-or-Die/Be-Dying but since the goons are doing non-lethal, too, I figure for her it's Save-or-be-Knocked-the-Fuck-Out. Normally in vanilla DnD the save is a flat 15, which is dumb as shit. So I modified it. This is still a house-rule in testing so I have no idea how long I'll stick with it, before changing the DC to something better, but as it stands the DC for Massive Damage saves is as follows:
    15 + X where X is the damage you took divided by 10 and rounded up. So Lin took 36 damage, which is 3.6, which rounded up is 4, which means her save DC was 19. She only rolled an 18, so she's knocked out.
    She's at, as stated, 25 out of 70 HP. She's stable and not dying, but if I recall how the rules work, she's basically out until either an hour passes and she succeeds on a save, or until one of you kids gets her healed. Akaiji or Ganzorig have more than enough of a Strength score to carry her, effortless in Akaiji's case, and I am pretty sure Myfanwy and probably even Meg do, too.
    Presumably Ganzorig will be a gentleman and carry her, although I now have the mental image of Akaiji carrying her like the cover of some 1950s Sci-Fi Film. IT CAME FROM THE CRAB TANK AT THE CHINESE RESTARAUNT.

I didn't remove Lin from the map because I am lazy and, I mean, technically she's still there. Not removing the goon would have been confusing, so yeah.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ganzorig gasped as Lin hit the ground. "Shit!" Then he looked up at the goon who brought her down. "This guy... is GOOD!" With a slide, Ganzorig placed himself closer to his new target, ignoring the minion behind him, who was currently cradling crushed gonads.

Suddenly, Ganzorig swung his weapon around and sent the dull side of it's blade at the Great Goon's head. "BUT LETS SEE HOW GOOD!! "

SPOILER! :
    power attack! -7 to attack rolls +14 to damage
    1st attack roll: 1d20+8 = 28. Versus almost dead goon.. dont need to roll damage, he is knocked out.

2nd attack against Badass Goon
    1d20+8=23. Hit

power attack damage = 1d10+12+14= 35.

The attack smacked into the Great Goon, and seemed to do pretty good damage. On the followthrough, Ganzorig's weapon whacked the goon behind him in the head, and the dude bit the dust.

Cant edit map, but Ganzorig moved diagonally from his previous position, to stand on Lin's right (east?)

Also the topmost enemy is down, and the one opposite Meg took 35 damage

Also, in rollplay, Ganzorig attacked the almost dead guy first, then cleave feat let him attack the second dude. Changed order in the roleplay, but same result >_>

"Take that you fucker!" Meg shouted at the goon Ganzorig just smacked as she laid down some hurtin' of her own!

Meg brought down an axe kick with the force of a thousand walruses upon the goon's head - ramming his face into the ground and shattering his spirit. "I fuckin' DARE you to get up!"

Akaiji noticed that Lin had been injuried, one of his stalkeyes individually observing the event. Recording evidence against her being a dragon, or actually becoming worried? Who knew.

Either way, his titanic blade took a lump out of the ceiling beam as he brought it down again, this time not bothering to tilt sideways, and cleaving straight into the poor sod trying to assault the monster with a glorified stick. Maybe that was evidence that he didn't perticulaly like what just happened, after all.

Two handed power attack roll.
    1d20+13-8=21
    Damage done.
    1d10+20=24