Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

"Well? What's the holdup? Rid our party of this... thing!" Meg blurted out impatiently.

"There are honourable beings in the sea which have good souls also." Akaiji responded somberly, not taking his eyes off of the satchel. It didn't seem to occur to him that he was one of such beings.

"I am afraid that I do not have a plan. Not until we know an honouable being who can identify it."

"Judging by..."

He paused, clearly considering dire concequences.

"Considering..."

The crabman paused again, looking at Meg quickly, but finding no answers.

"Destroying it is unlikely to be the answer. I am welcome to alternate suggestions, trusted upright monkeys. Perhaps a mountaintop?"

"I say with throw it into Mt Therion"
    Shun was really drunk.

Ganzorig pointed at Shun. "Hey yeah! Or some other volcano thats closer."

"I don't care what you do with it," Meg stated, incredibly annoyed. "Let's just get rid of this thing as soon as possible."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Hui's grim work finished, she slowly made her way into the shrine, stifling tears. "I, I'm sorry, Akaiji. I don't know. I maybe, I don't know? Maybe some of my acids or explosives can get rid of it? B-but I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't destroy it? I don't know. I've, I've never seen anything like it." Hui sniffled.

"It's horrible."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"We cannot leave it here." Akaiji said simply... Which was basically a nice way of saying that he didn't know what they could possibly do to destroy it, but just leaving things as-is wouldn't do either.

"This place makes it an ordeal to follow one's devine gifted logics. This one is at a loss." There was a long, grating husky sound, like scalemail scraping together. Perhaps he was shrugging? "Honourable female alchemist of glorious primate ancestry Hui, would you happen to know of anyone who might speak to us on the subject? A person that would know what the object is, and a person who would talk to us, preferably the same person?"

"Honourable comrades Shun and Ganzorig... Say we climb Mt. Zhurong and do battle with the great Pheonix that lives there? What then? What do we do when another such an ugly-souled item arrives upon us? Or a hundred more? These stones were not made by their own doing."
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.

None of the obvious options seemed to be helping them much. Myfanwy herself wasn't very good with malicious objects--and it seemed none of them had ever come across such an object.

"Can we tell how long it's been here...or if the people who placed it here are still around?" She had feeling the women they encountered at the inn probably had something to do with it, but having no choice other than to kill them, it was a little hard to put questions. "If only these dead could speak to us..." she mumbled half to herself. Maybe something from another plane of existence, tortured as they were, held some answer. Rethinking the idea, she more loudly proposed, "Or maybe we should take it to the closest town and see if anyone know what it is and what to do with it."
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Hui hugged her arms tightly to her body. Whatever the thing was, it seemed to be affecting her a bit more strongly than the others. "N-no. Don't know. Sorry, Akaiji. I'm sorry... I'm so useless."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Maybe we should just take it back to that Yao lizard." Ganzorig tore off the back end of his loincloth/skirt thing, and walked over to the creepy monolith. He bent over and wrapped the artifact up in the buttcloth. To those behind him, it was a terrifying sight.

SPOILER! :