Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

Meg tried her best to avert her gaze, yet to no avail did it present. She could feel that horrible monolith scraping the insides of her skull, wailing in horror in her mind. Her body seized up, much as it had at the tavern. Utter powerlessness dominated her thoughts.

Shun tried to drown out the wrongness with wine. It didn't work but it didn't stop him trying.

Despite the freaky feelings, Ganzorig stomped over to the small monolith and swung his foot at it, to kick it away.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Ganzorig kicked the monolith, which was unusually light, and it fell over with a soft whumping sound.

And then there was a horrible, ear-splitting, buzzing sound.
    And then everything went dark and the party was standing in an endless sea of blackness.

And then the monolith opened its eyes, all of them, and It looked at them, through them, into them.

I͞҉̛҉̻̬̱̝̲ ̗͕̪̱̳̼̦̙͇͔̼̤̦̜̯̕͘͜͡S̵̷̘̥̺̻̼̝̘̖͕̺͜E̢̛̞̤̪̻̯͎̭̞͔̗̪͖͇̥ Ę̸̷͓͈̩̻̲̳̭̟̪͎̰̰̲̤̳́ ͎̖͉̠͡Ỳ͉̠̟̝̥͘͟͞Ơ̧͏̰̤̫ͅU̴̵͓̪͕̭̯̲͖̦̞̰͜͟͡.̵̴̨̲̯͇̹̥̹͘ ̹͖̟͇̘͈̼̞̲

Ganzorig kicked the monolith, which was unusually light, and it fell over with a soft whumping sound.

And then nothing else happened at all because that would be really odd and it was just a small little black box. Unusually light and cold, though.

Whatever just happened happened to everyone. Ganzorig wasn't the only one to experience it.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ganzorig stuck his fingers to his ears and rubbed them in an effort to forget the pain. Then he took a step back before making a fig sign at the monolith. "Fuck off, you- er.. Whatever the fuck you are! Little piece of shit!"

Myfanwy didn't want to be here. Whereas before, she'd thought it was the best thing to do, helping out, she now realized they were probably out of their league. But considering the amount of spirits surrounding their location, she knew she'd never be able to make it back on her own. And, though the idea of death, as opposed to confronting this...thing, might be better...it occurred to her that perhaps dying here would make her become one of the ghosts.

And that would be bad, she thought, since I'd be stuck here.

No, none the choices she saw before her looked good. Though she's glanced upon the monolith for but a moment, the thing bore into her being. She pointedly averted her eyes, watching Hui at work, burying what she could of the foxes whose bodies lay strew about the site.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw someone step into the shrine. And then her mind was pierced by a horrible shrieking. "What in the Hells!?" She cried, trying to cover her ears, which did nothing to abate the ravaging of her mind. It all went black then, as seemingly thousands of eyes flashed against the inky backdrop and called out, voiceless yet ever present "I see you."

And then it stopped. Like the blip of a single out-of-place negative in a reel of film, things returned as though nothing had happened.

"I want that thing dead." Was all Myfanwy could think to say.
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 06-19-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Grammar-ed
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Amidst the twisting thoughts and her senses being warped, Megaera recognized a familiar voice, and was able to process it in the most basic way. "I... I agree," Meg managed.

"As was said..." Akaiji remarked, coldy, eyes remaining deep within the gloom of his helm. "I do not think my sword can shatter these."

It was odd seeing the lumbering thing so reluctant. Even if he did not show human fear, there was something there.

Suddenly, he ripped open one of his satchels, sending various small temple offerings and sweets scattering mindlessly about the floor. Dedicated enough to approach the black box, he was, but willing to sully his carapace with something so unholy, he was not. Carefully, slowly, he wrapped the fabric around the black oblong and attempted to lift it from the floor.

"What do you intend to do with it, once you pick it up?" Myfanwy questioned, taking only a half step forward. "Will you toss it from a cliff? Into the sea? If you have a plan, I will assist any way I can."
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The little black monolith was lighter than it looked, but otherwise was lifted up without incident.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!