Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 584

Thread: Little Trouble in Big Zhaoge (G)

  1. #491
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    Akaiji lumbered right up behind Ganzorig, heavy feet clattering along the stone floor. One could feel the heated gusting of crude, powerful book lungs. His immense bulk rustled up directly against the man.

    "An immensely honoured glorious dragon." His whisper boomed. Well, it was strangely lower pitched. And it's voice always boomed. "This one would much appreciate if you learn the difference." A parcel was suddenly thrust into the man's arms... erm, the small monolith?...

    "I cannot carry this object. Too large...."

    He was clearly right. The towering black stone plinth was bigger than he was, and probably twice as heavy...

    ...and, well, it wasn't like they could just leave it here, retrained by only half a thug's loincloth.

    "There... is not another option..."

    GHUKUHNK

    In one fluent motion, the giant crustacean's massive sword flew out of the scabbard and impacted with the larger black object...

    A chip. Then a splinter. It was as hard as stone, but still only ordinary, mundane, non-ethereal stone.

    The cracks began to spread...

    SPOILER! :
    No posties plz. Kodos is gonna take over from here. :o
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-16-2013 at 11:02 PM.

  2. #492
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,899

    Sepsis

    The obelisk cracked on the samurai's first stroke, and was cleft in twain on the second, a tingling sensation bursting forth from it before the ambient tingling faded. Whatever arcane thing(s?) the obelisk was doing, it wasn't doing anymore.

    The distant wailing of ghosts seemed to fade. I guess the obelisk was somehow keeping them bound? Who knows. Ghosts are weird.

    Yaaay! Mision acco-

    Oh, wait. Why is the ground shaking?

    ***

    The moment the obelisk shattered the ground shook in a brief but relatively powerful tremor. Cracks and tiny fissures appeared in the ground of the shrine, as well as the walls and even the vines of the nearby dead plant-life, all billowing thick black 'smoke' and weeping black ichor. The stench of the stuff was unbearable and overwhelming - the group could *taste* the foulness.

    Before the group could make a break for it, the mass of smoke(?) and oil(?) had congealed into a, well, into a something. A monstrous, vaguely humanoid, something with arms and legs splayed out from its sides on all fours. From its fang-lined mouth it sputtered and drooled more of the black sludge, while also billowing out the thick smoke. Various pores and fissures on the things body similarly belched the thick black smoke, while the entire creature seemed to be composed of the black goo, dripping and oozing and reforming, constantly.

    With a sound that was midway between a roar, a cough, and the sound of shifting earth, the abomination hurled itself onto Akaiji, apparently trying to force the samurai prone, but failing since, well, Akaiji was kind of sturdy.

    The moment the thing's body made contact with Akaiji's, the Samurai could feel his very life draining away. It didn't help that, while grappling with the thing, it proceeded to vomit black ichor all over the humanoid crab, the viscious black liquid burning at the samurai's carapace as it gnawed at his very life-force.

    Akaiji felt sick. In fairness, so did everyone. The horror seemed to emanate a palpable aura of disease and defilement.

    Akaiji takes 5 damages from the creature's touch!
    Akaiji takes 15 damages from the creature's vomit!

    Everyone needs to make a DC20 Fortitude save or be Nauseated. Whether or not you succeed or fail you are still Sickened for 1d4 rounds.
    Sickened applies a 2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. This applies after you make the initial Fort save against Nausea, so you don't have to apply that -2 to the initial Fort save.
    A Nauseated character is busy puking their guts out and can only take a single move action on their turn.

    The creature got two actions because surprise round + regular round. I obviously am assuming the creature won the initiatives.

    The creature is currently *on* Akaiji grappling with him. The area is small enough that Hui can't use her explosives or acid for fear of collateral, and it's not like anyone else have abilities that depend on range. Suffice it to say that unless you are Akaiji or Ganzorig, you need to move into position to attack the creature, but that the movement distance is negligible enough for one move action. No map. No initiative, either. The creature goes (it already did) than everyone else in whatever order you feel like posting in. As the new rules generally go you each have 24 hours from whoever posted last or I reserve the right to skip your turn.
    I'm not giving the creature's abilities just yet. Although the first time someone hits it I will edit this post.
    Last edited by Kodos; 07-19-2013 at 02:34 AM.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  3. #493
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Z'ha'dum
    Posts
    5,509
    Ganzorig couldn't help himself, and just started projectile vomiting all over the monster.


    SPOILER! :

  4. #494
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    Akaiji just thrashed about and tried to dislodge the creature. Crabman or not, there wasn't much a person-thing could stand around thinking or talking about in that situation.

    SPOILER! :
    Opposed Grapple Check;
    1d20+9=21

    The Creature's Roll;
    1d20+15=23

    No matter how much he tried, he failed to shake the filthy, unholy thing free.

    Things were looking desperate...

  5. #495
    Lucky Member Blue_Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Champagne Supernovar
    Posts
    954
    The thing attacking Akaijii was, in Myfanwy's opinion, even worse than the creature/women they'd fought at the inn. Back at the inn, she didn't think things could have gotten worse.

    The did.

    She was trying desperately not hurl, in spite of the thick sickness spewing from the foul creature.
    SPOILER! :


    She knew it'd take her a while to compose herself for battle against the abomination.
    SPOILER! :
    1d4=3

    *Please let me know if I should also move this turn and attack--I wasn't sure if I had to wait until next time or not. Thanks! I'll edit this out later.
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 07-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

  6. #496
    Sir-Mass-a-Lot Sylux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,448
    Meg focused her ki thrust her foot at the thing on Akaiji in a sort of Super Duper Thrust Kick.

    Last edited by Sylux; 07-26-2013 at 02:34 PM.

  7. #497
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,899
    The horror made a wheezing sound as Megaera's foot slammed into - quite literally - it, knocking it upwards and off of Akaiji. The creature splattered, partially, on the floor, before quickly reforming with a rasping roar. Megaera could feel that focusing her ki had somehow adversely affected the creature, beyond the normal way.
    Of course, that wasn't all she could feel. The spiritual poison and acidic 'skin' of the thing was no less potent when Meg kicked it, gnawing at her flesh and soul alike.

    Megaera takes 6 damages from coming into contact with the monster!
    The monster takes an additional 5 damage from Meg's attack since it was Empowered!
    Yeah. It takes 1.5 damage from any attacks charged with ki. This includes stunning fist if you have it. Of course, you won't know that ki attacks are more effective unless Meggu tells you.
    It has 20 AC. It also, however, has DR10/Magic. So if your weapon isn't magic, he's gonna shrug it off. Also, obviously, any time you touch it with your body - including monk attacks - you take 1d6 damage. If you use a melee weapon you still take 1 point of damage from splatter.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  8. #498
    Sir-Mass-a-Lot Sylux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,448
    Holy shit! Meg flung herself to the ground, screaming and spitting up.

  9. #499
    Shun's own stench protected him from the worst of the monsters odour.
    Not wanting to share megs pain, Shun readied a bottle and smashed it into the blob.
    SPOILER! :
    Fort save:1d20+5=25
    Attack:1d20+10=28
    Damage:2d6+1d4+5=18
    Shun takes 1point of splash damage.

  10. #500
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,899
    The creature only takes 8 damage, because it has DR10/Magic
    Not that you have any way of really telling.

    Anyway. Blue has until tomorrow night to post again since she forgot she actually made hte save and can attack. :O Then I post :O

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •