Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kii's art - Sketch

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Neck is lookin a little thick and the elbow a little too round. Other than that, it's great.

*looks at it the next day*

Wow, his arm looks all kinds of f*ck'd up.

Looks pretty good, but watch out with using color dodge and that stuff (whatever you used) in Photoshop. I recommend you choose your colours and levels of brightness and then use tools like that to increase it's effect, as a final touch. Here the hair is getting a bit greenish and I don't think that's what you wanted? But it's a nice picture and I really like the face and pose ^^

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Wow I love how you did the hair. May I ask how you get that fine strands look? Is each strand drawn in or are you using some kind of brush ?

@Mr_D: Actually, I intended to have the all the colors turn out that way. The look makes a lot more sense when you have everything drawn. (Also, I don't use color dodge)

@Scarletlight : If you use a brush that's a bunch of small dots, then when you draw in a continuous line it will create multiple strands at once. So you just use a brush and do multiple layers in different shades.

Okay =D it's all good then, can't wait to see it finished ^^

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Dammit Kiiryu - use the same thread! *grumble grumble*

Nice coloring, btw.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm liking the new way you're doing hair. It's really eye-catching, especially with your style. Yet I would suggest that You do the basic shapes with a hard/soft round, then move up to the four-point custom brush for highlights. A lot of artists also suggest turning on pressure sensitivity and varying the multi-point brushes to keep things looking more natural. As you can see at the edges of this recent piece's hair, it looks a little stiff/fake, and I think you can avoid that by doing those things. :>