Thread: Question#4 - Manga Paper & Ink

101 Dalmations Member

Question#4 - Manga Paper & Ink

What paper should i use if i wanna publish my manga? Any other materials i should be using like ink...I have india ink....with that work for my comics or document or manga ink better?

Depends on where you're planning on submitting your comic. If you're just planning on putting it up on the internet, then you can use whatever size/kind of paper and whatever type of ink that you want. If you're planning on submitting to a professional company, then you might want to investigate the company and see what kinds of requirements are needed in order to submit to them. While most companies are the same, there might be some differences so you'll need to do your homework to figure out what you need to do in order to avoid getting rejected.
    よろしく

101 Dalmations Member
    Yeah i wanna submit them to a professional company.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceta View Post
    If you're planning on submitting to a professional company, then you might want to investigate the company and see what kinds of requirements are needed in order to submit to them.
    This. Very important. Every company is different so check with their submissions guidelines. If they have a forum or contact, ask for clarification if you're unsure.

101 Dalmations Member
    How old you have to be to submit your comic work?

18 is the legal age where you can start working on your own and signing contracts BUT you can start submitting your comics earlier but you will need your parents permission (i.e. they have to sign the form/contract stating that you can work). Btw, this is for America so anyone else who lives in a different county - go check out the laws in your area. It's probably different where you live.

101 Dalmations Member
    I live in Mississippi,USA lol

Then you should be fine then. C:

101 Dalmations Member
    Cool okay