Page 47 of 120 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: The Musicians Thread: Only wonderwall covers from now on

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Oooooh. Those look nice.

Do they leak though?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Actually, not that much. If you're on a bus you can blast it full and nobody will really be able to hear it. But if you're in a waiting room then keep it down a bit. But the padding works nicely to trap in all the goodies.

Bose are way over priced for what they are. Sony's are decent. If you're just looking for something to use on the computer, Sony's PS3 over-ear headsets actually have amazing quality for the price. If you're wanting to spend Bose money, look into those Beats headphones. The quality in those are pretty good and they have good bass if that's what you're looking for. Also Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones are good quality for just over 100 bucks and I think you could find them used online for cheap as well

I just use Sennheisers when I want good quality. A £20 pair of them matches a pair of £100 headphones of most other brands, though the cheap ones tend to be a bit quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I've only just gotten FLstudio and I've been messing with all this synthesiser stuff. Would anyone care to take a look at the first minute of this unfinished song and tell me what they think? http://soundcloud.com/lucy-intheskyw...e-twochords-oh

WHOOPS FORGOT THE LINK THERE IT IS
    Last edited by Lucy; 01-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Excellent work! Perhaps try more volume dynamics? Large range dynamics are often omitted for sake of concert performance. For instance, Akira Yamaoka and the crew (namely Melissa Williamson, my favorite female singer of all time, tbh) perform the OSTs live for the fans. However, in a studio environment, especially for movie and game scores, volume dynamics are terrific and provide the extra oomph to works. I could imagine a wispy synthesizer droning one note in a fade in, going from squishy to wide sound. The reason I mention the genius Yamaoka, by the way, is because your work somewhat reminded me of him.

sounds good lucy. A few of the notes with the lead clash with the main bit but its a good start

The lead doesn't work at all imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    sounds good lucy. A few of the notes with the lead clash with the main bit but its a good start
    That's why I mentioned Yamaoka.