Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: The Musicians Thread: Only wonderwall covers from now on

Oh hey, thanks for all the critique guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    The lead doesn't work at all imo
    I almost agree, I wasn't sure about a lot of it. I was considering swapping it out for something else entirely, but I'll try to rework some of the clashing parts before I discard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    sounds good lucy. A few of the notes with the lead clash with the main bit but its a good start
    Oh yay, thanks a lot! I certainly see what you mean about the clashing notes. I'll go over the melody and rework some of those jumpy sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Excellent work! Perhaps try more volume dynamics? Large range dynamics are often omitted for sake of concert performance. For instance, Akira Yamaoka and the crew (namely Melissa Williamson, my favorite female singer of all time, tbh) perform the OSTs live for the fans. However, in a studio environment, especially for movie and game scores, volume dynamics are terrific and provide the extra oomph to works. I could imagine a wispy synthesizer droning one note in a fade in, going from squishy to wide sound. The reason I mention the genius Yamaoka, by the way, is because your work somewhat reminded me of him.
    Aha, I like that you mention this, researching into this will probably help me get a better grip on the tools I'm using. Are there any particular songs of Yamaoka's that you'd recommend listening to? Thanks for the suggestions, and encouragement by the way. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Oh hey, thanks for all the critique guys.

I almost agree, I wasn't sure about a lot of it. I was considering swapping it out for something else entirely, but I'll try to rework some of the clashing parts before I discard it.

Oh yay, thanks a lot! I certainly see what you mean about the clashing notes. I'll go over the melody and rework some of those jumpy sections.

Aha, I like that you mention this, researching into this will probably help me get a better grip on the tools I'm using. Are there any particular songs of Yamaoka's that you'd recommend listening to? Thanks for the suggestions, and encouragement by the way. <3
    Pretty much just give the entire Silent Hill 2 OST a listen. Work of mastercraft. Silent Hill 3 good, too, has Melissa Williamson, beautiful voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    I feel like you should just redo the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I feel like you should just redo the entire thing.
    I'm fully aware of what you meant.

I'm open to the idea. I just wouldn't be content to discard something unless I made fully sure it wasn't something I could improve. I'll try something else, but I keep this version saved just in case I can turn it a lot better with some tweaking.

Will give that Silent Hill 2 OST a spin. I've actually been meaning to give that series a try, since I've heard good things about it. Maybe a playthrough is in order c:
    Last edited by Lucy; 01-07-2012 at 10:19 PM.

You will not regret it.

You know I've never considered myself good at guitar but my brother is trying to learn right now and it feels amazing how far I've come seeing him struggle with basic stuff like bar chords.

would you say its a gratifying feeling

No

http://soundcloud.com/hayashida/james-franco
    something new I called it James Franco because James Franco is awesome

Thats cool but your leads are all starting to sound the same

Also why dont you just marry james franco gawd.