Page 90 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Musicians Thread: Only wonderwall covers from now on

Ya man i record some ideas and stuff but i haven't come up with anything in a while which could make a whole song

Hey guys, i was thinkin' about picking up an electric guitar and i was wondering what kinda stuff you'd recommend to get with it and what brand and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

if ur just learning how 2 play, don't spend a butt load of money. but dont get something super cheap too cuz then it will be shitty and ur gonna not want to play it. If you want to get an electric, go for something like Epiphone or Squire. They're subsidiary companies of Gibson and Fender. So u can get like an SG or a Stratocaster or something like that for cheaper basically.

Other than that, u need a patch chord to connect to an amp. Also as for an amp, just look for a small one at whatever place ur going to buy ur guitar. it doesn't have to cost more than 100 bucks really. Also some picks are good I guess and maybe some beginner technique books and shit like that.

A lot of places offer a deal for beginners where u can get an amp, guitar and patch chord for like less than 200 bucks so keep an eye out for that or ask if they have any package deals.

Brand doesn't matter because after you give up in like a month or two its just a piece of wood that gathers dust. I feel like my gibson gathered more dust than my knock-off, though, but it didn't really have a finish so maybe it just looked that way.

You'll want to make sure to get a stand because if it's going to sit in your room unused it should at least look nice, and that way when people see it its like a conversation starter. Every once in a while you might want to pick it up, strum it, and realize you are shit so you'll want to replace the strings every few months. When you go to the store make sure you ask for super slinkies, because then people will think you are cool. Make sure to walk around the store looking at pedals and amps like you intend to buy them before you walk out. That way people know you're serious. Also most important: when you see a guy playing guitar better than you, make sure you act like you're not impressed.

Get super heavy strings, they're best for brutal metal. Also make sure your guitar looks like a can opener. I'd suggest the B.C. Rich Warlord or Warlock.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm really close to changing to a music major right now, but I'm not sure if I'm going to regret that decision. :U

Major in quantum physics! That's what I'm gonna do!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I'm really close to changing to a music major right now, but I'm not sure if I'm going to regret that decision. :U
    ya you will regret if 4 sure

Go for it

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Well, I'll retain pre-med status, since you can be pre-med with any major. You just have to take 40 extra credits of biochem classes. I'm just questioning if I can handle music full-time, since I'm a wimp and brass instruments are not for wimps.

I'm a wimp and I was master-class with a double horn.