Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucifer's art underworld (now with NSFW)

Lucifer's art underworld (now with NSFW)

Thought it was about time I should be coming back to drawing after like, two years, of not having drawn anything significant. Let me start of by the filling of this post with stuff I did long ago, because I do not wish to deprive you of pics and I fear one terribad WIP is not enough to save me from the voracious horde that is the MT Crowd.

2008: The beginning (WARNING NSFW: TERRIBAD)
    SPOILER! :

This was back when I still participated in the RPGs here on MT. This guy: John Preston (stolen from Equilibrium because I am a liar and a thief) was from Tales of Aeo. As you can see, my skills were terribad.

2009: Slightly less terrible (but still god-awful)
    SPOILER! :

I have no idea where this dude came from. Whilst I had become marginally better in the general anatomical feel of the body, I ran into my first major pain-in-the-pencil here: Cloth. More specifically: Folds. Oh how I hate(d) to draw that stuff. As you can see, the folds are chaotic and nonsensical.

Also, I got a tablet this year. So this happened. My first endeavour into colouring... Whilst I was sort of proud of it at the beginning, I was quickly told (by the almighty Sutari) that my colours were hugging the edges too much, making the pic look flat. In retrospect, I agree a 100%.

2010: I want to draw like Hirano Kouta
    SPOILER! :

Recognize him? No? Sure you do, it's John Preston, the guy from two tags above. Lot's of differences 'ey?

At this point in time I was watching and reading Hellsing. I love the way Kouta draws, so I started to try to mimic his style. The only part that I now recognize as being influenced by him is the nose... Oh well. Generally a bunch of improvements, but the proportions still suck.

2011: The new MT (This can also be found buried waaay deep in the Critique Corner)
    SPOILER! :
    So I started dabbling about in digital painting.

One of the early tries produced a robot, that at least looked like it didn't have to much of a mobility impairment

And then...
    SPOILER! :

Something I also viewed as my peek, something never to be reached again. Because yeah... I am melodramatic like that and have a genuine lack of self-worth.

So with the more distant past behind us, let us focus on this (academic) year.
    SPOILER! :

Remember Gunz's concept painting tutorials? That kinda got me going again, for a day...
    This produced generic sci-fi helmet man, yay! (Again, something I'll never finish).
    SPOILER! :

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot:
    SPOILER! :

A watchtower/wall design I did for a friend of mine for his level.

And today, I sat down with my sister and started drawing. It actually works having someone around to draw with and give feedback and keep you into drawing it. I plan on continuing these drawing sessions with her.
    Terribad Quality WIP shot:
    SPOILER! :

Photo was made on my sister's Galaxy multimedia player (basically Samsung's iPod), in low light conditions, because grabbing a scanner was too much of a hassle

Wow, end of monster post. Will be back later with more (hopefully finished) material.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 02-25-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Wow, you've really improved! I like the concept art and that last picture, especially
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

SPOILER! :

Spoilered for size, cannot be bothered to finish it.

Ohhh cool! It kinda reminds me of pokemon tbh. xD Nice shading and value. I know that feel when you cba to finish things :c Happens to me alot.

MOAR.

Yeah it does have a rather pokemon feel to it c: I want to see moreeeeeeeeeee

I also like the demon (obv) in the first post c:

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    It kinda reminds me of pokemon tbh. .
    ^What I thought, as well!

I like it so far!! Very cool work you've got her
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Spoilered for size:
    SPOILER! :

Been dabbling in animation a bit. This was supposed to go into UDK, but due to some issues with the models and bone hierarchy, that was a no-go. So now these animations are useless, as I need to redo the from scratch.

The animations consist of: Draw, Idle, Swing, Throw and Holster.

Also yes, that's GunZ's axe you see there.

Pay no attention to the changing lighting in the animations, they were made across multiple scene files and none of them had a light in it. So I added one at the last moment.

Ooo, cool animation c:

Speak of the Devil

I have returned! Kinda...

Here, have some sketches: (I'll keep the nsfws at the bottom, they will not be spoilered cus I cba)

Unfinished version, the finished version I've not got a photo of:

Some Sketches, I've been mostly focussing on anatomy and posing, which is ridiculously hard for me. If anyone has some good pose ref sites, I'd like to hear about em (not posemaniac though):

Dat crazy jump pose thingy

AWL HAIL LUCIFER @_@
    Finally you have posted something! I have to say I didn't realise you were this good. >_> No offence. You got some bad habits but i'm p. sure I can knock em outta you ;D

So happy you're posting!!!!