Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinister - Chapter 4 pg 20-21 Oct 8th

Hm, yes. I think it's more like, the rest of the body isn't quite big enough... not sure if there's a quantifiable difference between the two though :P Thanks for the comment, it's nice to have someone else's opinion on how things are going.

More to come soon, hopefully... with RPM out of the way I'm having an agreeably large chunk of free time.

New page! I wasted a decent chunk of time accidentally inking on top of my sketch layer for a few panels of this... you'd think I'd have learned that lesson by now :P Ah well.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 03-30-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Your mess-up is kinda amusing in itself considering the content of the page... :p

Anyway. The art and dialogue is pretty solid. The mountains in the background of the last pannel are the only things that stick out as looking a bit weird, just 'cause they are all conjoined.

Wonder what these guys are actually going to deploy...

Hah, true... I'm pretty tired of being like 'Okay, that looks good, let's check that it looks okay without the sketch layer... *click*...*click click*...dammit' though :P

You're right about the mountains, I should probably be making them look more, uh, mountain-y.

Thanks for reading!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I LOVE the second pannel. And the mountains aren't bad, I mean, they are pretty far off in the distance (and it's NIGHT, hello) right?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Thanks Bacon! Second panel took me a while, hopefully it's obvious that the thing in the middle is a trench and not a river... may have gone overboard on specular lighting.

As far as the mountains go, the way I fill it in with contour lines just kinda looks weird with the gradient and all. Technique just needs a little tweaking. Not that I plan on filling *more* space with pictures of mountains or anything... >_>

Eh, I was just saying that they look odd cause they are all sorta stuck togeather as one big mound... If you drew them all as seperate mountains with a few peaking out from behind, things probally would have looked better without much added effort. That said, the detail in the second pannel is pretty awesome. :o

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Oh... Nt to sound like an ass, but I did think it was a river. If you made it look a little lighter that might help. And sometimes you just have mountain ridges, it's OK. I think. IDK man, just keep up the good work. (And listen to Reg)
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Oh... Nt to sound like an ass, but I did think it was a river.
    Knew it :P It looks like a river to me too. I don't really ever edit my pages but I guess I should fix that.

Thanks for the comments guys, very helpful!

New page! Also I actually went back and fixed 54 a bit - should be reflected above.

SPOILER! :

Edit: Replaced image with photobucket version.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 03-30-2011 at 01:43 PM.