Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Badass, Realism and Fantasy.

Ah, I see... Then perhaps we should send all those troops without helmet too. It will lighten the defense budget a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    @Jubeh: Because it's a boss.
    Im realizing now it doesnt matter what I say because you are going to find some hilarious cartoony way to rationalize it. Also you didn't have anything to say about vincent's super jump, so apparently there are some things that just don't work when you try to put the pieces together.

I like when you throw a fireball to someone and the NPC or player move of the way, but the fire ball hit him anyway. Even if the fireball is so fucking slow (mmorpg).

I like how in the assassin creed you are the only guy in the game with a hood and who look suspisious, but no one think of you as a assassin.

@jubeh:
    Hahaha, sorry about that ^_^ I don't intend to be funny when answering your question. I'm going to watch all the FF7 DOC movies once again, since I have that game (and have all gallery unlocked, since I've finished that game for... perhaps 5 times?).

Just like I said, forget what I said before about that game. Game tends to have loop hole and inconsistencies, whether because lazy developer or simply to keep the game balanced. Anyway, Vincent shouldn't be able to jump that high even according to FF7 realism (like Cloud who need his friends help to chase Bahamut).

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I like when you throw a fireball to someone and the NPC or player move of the way, but the fire ball hit him anyway. Even if the fireball is so fucking slow (mmorpg).

I like how in the assassin creed you are the only guy in the game with a hood and who look suspisious, but no one think of you as a assassin.
    yeah its kinda silly that you can hide in a group of monks ._. look for the one with the knives and the sword O_o

Here's an annoying thing about Fallout. Almost all headshots, unless if they are sneak attacks, are not 1 hit kills. ><

Here's another dumb thing that happens in all games. On the hardest mode, your team mates get a brain tumor and become retards. Case in point, Halo: Reach. I was on hardcore mode and they all died in seconds.

Reading PWhit post, it reminds me of Mafia (PC game). People there (enemies, not the protagonist) is almost bullet-proof. I once emptying a full clip of handgun at almost point blank range, and the person I shot at still didn't drop dead (not until I emptied another full clip).

^ That's the main reason I haven't been playing many FPS games till very recently. Counter Strike: Source is my main shooter right now, but even in that, it sorts feels weird when you shoot someone in the head with a pistol and they keep running at you. With the least powerful gun in the game, the first pistol, I think it takes two headshots for a kill.

It's always strange when you shoot an enemy with a .50 caliber desert eagle and he doesn't die. Moreover, he keeps running and shooting. I think what I'm looking for in shooters is a sense of injury and self-preservation, both of which I have yet to see.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    ^ Sounds like you're fighting zombies. Either that or cyborgs.

It'd be great to go for that kind of realism but wouldn't that be more work for AI programmers? To create a believable NP character that puts stock in self-preservation, tactic, and display any injuries when shot at the leg, arm, etc except on the head which is an instant kill.

In CS, it almost one hit death with AK-47, but not so with M-4. Now that's strange since in real life, you will be also instantly incapacitated if you take a direct hit of M-4 bullet in your body (or leg or hand or whatever)...