Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twisted Wing {NSFW} {Some new concept art on page 2.}

That was pretty awesome. I thought you handled the reveal of the lawmaker's face very well; it's genuinely disturbing when you get a right look at it...

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Yeah, close ups are awesome.

TIPS: Try to very your perspectives a bit, this is all very standard, med-shot, 2-point, "flat" almost... which does not do credit to those amazing backgrounds. I realize this takes a bit more time, but try to get some more variation in the panels. Make them more... I don't know... dynamic? Every picture has to tell a thousand words.

As for the gore--- it wasn't too gory. *sad face* I found the blood and stuff to be slightly unrealistic as its being spurted out of your victims here... I would have liked to see more realistic damage. (But not waaay over the top, if you get what I'm saying)

Also... you're British? Those miner guys say "old bean." I have zero people I know who say that. heh heh. *Laughs at the accent since I am an offensice American*

...Can I just say that was really weird though? (Especially the tail in the butt part... what WAS that? o_O )
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

@ Gaff; Right on the money, then, lol. Not really sure that I can even call this 'creepy cute' as much as 'horrible cute' now, through... Dunno. Just doing what my brain tells me to. Thanks for commenting, man. ;I

@ Rebel; Thanks for the really in-depth critique. Certainly stuff I didn't notice... Yeah. I actually have varied the perspective alot more with other things in the past, not quite sure why I forgot to this time... I'll try and fix that even with the new penciled pages... The gore... I'm actually not 100% sure how to handle since things are so grimdark that it's really just quite silly and not very realistic at all at this point, but on the other hand, corpses literally play a large part in the plot. Perhaps I'll just make a point of throwing in some hypergory exposition later, when it calls for it.

The British accents... well, lol, why not? Yorkshire blokes used to be world-renouned miners, so when trying to think of a pro miner in a dingy crapshack world, that's all I could think of... I am english, through... Really weird? Yeah. Weirdy things are goody things!

Tail butt?... The monster woman is a busy little bee... erm, bee-corpse... erm... zombie wasp girly... person-thing... yeah. :333
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Oh. Didn't look like a wasp to me. (heh, whoops)

Well, you see ol bean, I'm from colorado, so we also have our own version of miners here chap. They talk more like this though: "Gold! Lordy, I found me some gold! Ain't she a beauty pardner?" So that's what I think of when I think of a miner's accent... Anyways.

Yorkshire did have renowned miners though, even I've heard of the coal business way out here in the middle of uneducated America. ( )

But "Old bean" reminds me of... not miners anyways. Keep the accent though. The accent is good. *thumbs up*
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Fair enough. ;I

Also, yeah. Things going kinda slow at the minute. Still working through. Have some of the piles and piles of concept art, in the mean time. >_>

Nikol-

Vespa-

Alternate cover idea-

Vespa is ridiculously cute for being such a strange creature. Love those eyes in the alt cover. Thats the reg eyes I know and love :3 Fabulous sketches indeed @_@.

The detail you put into every part of your drawings is just amazing! I really love your character designs! The story has a really cool sounding plot and setting. I think you started it out very well and really made it interesting! Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Jeez how'd I miss this nice work regs.
    I like mouth stitches.

Your art style really compliments the story you are telling I think c:
    Must agree with Linz, Vespa is cute despite being such an odd entity :3

Thanks guys! I really do appreciate it, I just feel like a bit of a number two when I post without any new work. Things are rolling... just, erm, yeah, really kinda slow at the minute. But it be exist. >_>

@ Linz; Cheers Linzorator! You always manage to motivate me again! And, erm, yeah... Who needs consistency, lol. Might still do something with the alt cover but not sure what... ~_~

@ JJJorgie; Thanks! That does mean extra coming from you, too. Glad I managed to impress. :3

@ Ooocast; So THAT's who made that stitched together crab-pidgeon on my doorstep! Super cool beans! *u*

@ Demonfyre; You mean scraggly and half-dead? lol. Thanks man. This is kinda new territory for me in proper comic terms so I'm glad if you think it works. 'v'