Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supernatural TV Show: The Anime and Manga

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

Supernatural TV Show: The Anime and Manga

So. If you haven't heard it yet, the anime for Supernatural is coming out next month. Thought I'd mention it since there's quite a number of fans here. The anime characters will be voiced by the real-life actors so it'll at least it won't be as jarring.

And now for some video's and images:

More info here.

At one point, I want to check this out.. but on the other hand, I'm afraid to see how emo, bishie, etc they turn out to be.

Hohoho, interesting ^_^ Gonna watch this one. Dean is similar to the real life counterpart, but can't say the same with the little brother one (he reminds me to Barnaby from Tiger & Bunny though).

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    As a huge fan who's been watching supernatural ever since the first episode, i'd say it's better left alone.
    But I can't knock it till I see it I guess.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Wow, it actually looks fairly decent. The first few episodes are already out too. Awesome stuff, but is it just me or does Sam look like Spike from Cowboy Bebop?

I actually seen the (japanese only) preview add for this a while back, with the actors looking mega awkward about the whole affair. It was hilarious. :p

Seriously through, I'm a fan of the original series and I can see this working. They were never afraid of making fun of themselves in the past, so as long as the spirit is intact here, I think it makes a good mashup...

The artwork? Not a perfect reprosentation, but I think it suits the overall tone quite well.

Now that you mention it, Sam does look like Spike! ...Though his hair isn't as poofy. What gets me is that he's so skinny but I guess that's what happens in anime - you become 100 pounds lighter than you really are! xD

I hear that they also changed how Bobby looks like - he's wearing a trench coat and pork pie hat like those old-fashioned gumshoes.

This may be a better medium for it than live action. I couldn't get into it much. But this anime version shows promise.

I think what differentiates it from live action is that they can add more special effects and do crazier things than in an anime than in the real life shows.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I like the show because it's actually good on the special effects without going overboard. So it's crazy and 'supernatural' but not to the max, it's still believable. I just hope it doesn't all go to hell with the anime lol....and it has to have Castiel.

Oh, snap, it's already April! Thanks for reminding me to prepare for a holiday that's 7 months away!