Thread: When you have to request a new password or create a new account...

Angry When you have to request a new password or create a new account...

I just had difficulty logging in so I tried to get my username sent to my email. I was fine until the 'random question' thing came up. Can I just know why you guys have this feature? Like for a non-regular member, how would they know what the name of the mod is or what is the second most used program in Japan, etc? If the question is to help stop bots then why not some normal arithmetic question? When a new user is trying to sign up for the forum, how will they know the answer to any of the questions? Then how will they register?

I was lucky because the question changed and asked for the founder's name, which I knew, so I could get access to my profile. But obviously you guys must be losing a lot of new members because of this.

I just hit refresh a bunch of times until I got to the Rio question.

Yeah but it's so dumb... like I'm using the forums for a game that's by the same forum provider... For their random question they have math questions which anyone can get... this is just ridiculous.

Maybe it's to keep people who will show up, make 4 or 5 posts and then leave from ever getting access. Maybe it's to make sure that only people who are dedicated and really want to be here by Googling or digging up some info on the site get on. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by theonewhodoodles View Post
    But obviously you guys must be losing a lot of new members because of this.
    Honestly I think we're fine on that front thank you.
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    It's partly because of spambots and partly because there aren't just spambots anymore. There are actual people who sign up (i.e. humans) and answering simple arithmetic questions will NOT dissuade those people from coming in to spam the board.

Anyways, I figure that if you're really interested in this place, you should at least a) know who the founder is b) know who the mods are here in the forum (Jubeh, Hayashida, GunZet, Psy, Cloudy, Kodos) and c) at least know that Paint Tool SAI is one of the most well-known and used programs outside of GIMP and Photoshop by those in the anime community which you can actually Google.

The answer is always there if you take the time to actually look around, google, or even ask. You may always contact me at any time without having to PM me or log into the forum if you have any questions or need help with anything as well.

With that said, I've made a few changes that hopefully will make it easier for new people to find out who's who here in the forum. :looks at shiny old badge:

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    FYI - I've decided to add several more questions and limited the questioning to registration only. A few are simple but there may be one that if you're a beginner, will require to either Google the answer for or if you're reading the site, you may find the answer if you dig around a bit.