Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 Rebellions in less than one month!

@Haya: I think yes; he changed his mind.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/
    ^ I was a surprised of how their main page looks like

People are celebrating as if there was a football match or something! 8D
    Man! I said earlier that I'll shaddup Dx I just can't sometimes >_>"

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    yeah he's stepping down, everyone is out partying in the streets with flags everywhere.

Cool

yall late his vice pres is stepping in

And now it's Iran, huh?

Um, I'm all for the overthrow of evil tyrants and all that. But I think the people have to ask themselves one or two important questions:

What happens when the dictator's down? What's to keep everyone united once there's no common enemy left?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You got that right! I mean, they could just as easily be overtaken by another dictator if they're not careful. :\

You say that like a dictator is necessarily bad. Egypt might need some sort of strong leader to head up the reformation - and if they step down at the elections, why not?

The fear in Egypt and Tunisia is that they are afraid of having forigne hands that try to "shape" both countries the way they like.
    In Iran.. hehehe XD you just had to listen to the propaganda on IranianTV!! They were saying that the Egyptian rebellion is like Iranian Islamic rebellion <-- A BIG LIE.. Did they forget the riot that took a month after re-elected Nijad?
    Iranians were aware enough not to believe the TV lies.. thumbs up for them =)

To be honest, I didn't expect the chain of riots to go this fast in the neighboring countries.. I even thought that they will be shutted up easily.
    However, and and important info is that the only non-publical riot is the one happening now in Bahrain. It's PURE POLITICS RIOT and we know very well who's behind it >=)

EDIT: Before you say anything, know the level of press freedom you have in your country. All governments watch what their people are typing on the internet. Watch what you're saying to stay safe. There is no kidding or excuses when it comes to saying something sensitive in politics.
    Last edited by Yara; 02-17-2011 at 04:14 PM.