Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 Rebellions in less than one month!

Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    @Delphinus: You're wise enough for your age.. teenagers aren't usually ;P well, I only meant the political stuff on the news.
    Being wise sounds like a good thing, but try having the only people around you seem eye-rollingly dumb in everyday matters...

Back on topic: Even if all of Egypt burns, Mubarak will probably still end up out of power. If he goes too insane, for example, there's always the UN peacekeeping forces. Who will be arriving rather too late to change the course of history, but at least they can't make matters any worse. It's nice to see the UN doing something for once.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 02-06-2011 at 06:38 PM.

If I have even only 0.001% of his total wealth, I will never have to work again for my whole life. That's how rich he is... and I doubt he could gain that amount of money with legitimate and clean ways.

Egypt is part of the OPEC nations, so a part of it may have to do with that.

But the nations' rich income shouldn't enter the president's personal pocket. No matter how rich a country is, if he's a president, he shouldn't become so stinking rich (unless he's a king or sultan).

He was a dictator more than a president really, so he just simply imposed a high tax on the people's GDP and pocketed it.

So in the end, he just a corrupts leader, right? I don't know why he still wants in power after such turmoil. Why don't he just pack all his money, and move away to far away place... spending all his dirty money, perhaps in castle of gold.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I wandered off and just came back to this thread and re-skimmed it. Noticed this, felt compelled to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    Aryan Nations? Even if your not part of it, you sound like you'd be pretty close to it.
    I hate Israel because I hate evil apartheid theocracies which frequently violate international laws, engage in genocide and war crimes.

Israel is a de facto Jewish theocracy, but it is not the entirety of Judaism. I myself am an 'ethnic' Jew and I know several practicing Jews who hate Israel just as much as I do.

So please show me how my hatred of Israel makes me a white supremacist.

I would have a good reason to believe that Islam is going to probably be a large part of Egypt's rebellion. If they elect a new president, the will most likely be muslim. That is when the rest of the world will worry about Egypt's circumstance, as the entire world fears another Islamic Caliphate.
    First of all the entire world does not fear another caliphate - just paranoid conservatives with warped views of history. Second, caliphate is a uniquely Islamic term. Saying 'Islamic caliphate' is like saying 'Muslim mosque' or 'Jewish synagogue'. The term refers to a distinctly and uniquely Islamic concept.

It is also a concept you clearly do not understand since the existence of a caliphate is not in and of itself a positive or negative thing (although, I suppose, from an Islamic point of view it's probably a positive thing).

Anyway, more on topic gonna echo what Yara, I think, and some other said - Al-Jazeera English is p. awesome.

EDIT: To reflect the focus on Egypt I suggest the thread title be changed to one of the following. They are all names for the ongoing events.
    Camel Calamity, Pyramid Panic, Desert Dilemma, Nile Denial, Pharoah Fear, Tutt Rebut, Isis Crisis, Tutakhamen Armageddon, Sahara beware-ah.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

How about just De Nile?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Because that's half-assed and uninspired. Saith, we are naming a revolution here, you can try and show a bit more enthusiasm. Jeez.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Mummy... Madness?

Whatever, I just know that I'm gonna be pissed off if no one dresses up as Moses.