Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 Rebellions in less than one month!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    Yep, I don't think there will be a civil war unless someone else is behind it. US or Israel aren't the only one who can be behind it btw.
    Oh, it could those Mubarak supporters? Even if they aren't civilians, they exist. Did you see the crap they did? The rest of the world doesn't need to get involved

Maybe Sylux said something that isn't correct, but we can't blame him because it's the media mistake. The media is controlled by governments, governments follow what US says. US does what US and Israel want (I'm a bit unsure of the last sentence)
    No, we can blame him. He's posted such things before back on the old forums. It isn't the media, it's his upbringing.

I still don't know why Israel doesn't do all the stuff it wants instead of demanding US? Israel isnt' a weak country!
    So it doesn't take the blame.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Sorry guys, I've just noticed your posts..

Quote Originally Posted by Saith
    (Psst hating Israel =/= hating Jews)
    Totally agree =)

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit
    Well played Yara.
    Thank you.. I've been playing football since I was a kid, hehe ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Yara
    Some members of the army and police joined the crowed (the same happened in Tunisia). I clapped my hands when I heard that on the news =D
    Man! the news were not accurate about the army; the army didn't join any side. Egyptians and Aljazeera prejudged the army because what happened in Egypt was very similar to the Tunisian riot at the beginning.

Media I'm listening to nowadays:
    - Aljazeera Arabic (There is no signal sometimes because of the political pressure on Nilesat to stop the stream, but other Arabic channels are supporting by "adopting"/ steaming Aljazeera's steam.. hehe, unstoppable! XD )
    - Aljazeera English (We watch it sometimes)
    - OTV Egypt (a lot of lies)
    - A few Iranian news channels (no comment >_>")
    - A few Western news channels (Watched them two or three times, because in the meanwhile I have no time, but whenever there is something very important happens in the world and I have time, I watch them too. Not fair to have one source of news; always listen to the other side (That's what I follow).. And then make your own decision. Even if a friend (same country, background, religion, culture, etc..) and I listen to the same news channels, each one of us will still have her own point of view. That's normal and nothing is wrong with that. )

Back to the riot:

In the Jum'ah Preach, the preacher said that the ethics of Islam and Jesus appeared (had been shown up) in those protestors. I heard him on TV but forgot the exact wording, so I searched for the exact quoting, but I didn't find any.

Christians prayed in the Liberation Square without any disturbance. So what is the phobia (regardless of the phobia type) that the media is spreading? To be fair, US isn't the only one who's spreading phobia; others are doing it too but they spread another type of phobia that is different than the Western's version. It's all about politics.

In addition, it's not an Islamic Brotherhood or a foreign agenda to take over Egypt as a Western and OTV Egyptian Channel are saying. In my opinion, Islamic Brotherhood will be good as ministers but not as leaders. They are wise and canny but they don't have diplomatic skills and this is because Mubarak didn't give them the chance to practice them. Elbaradei is good as a leader. He's a good diplomatic person, but not canny enough - For ME politics, a high level of canniness is required because there are complicated and sensitive problems around in ME and the Arab World. I don't know if the Egyptians have other choices or not, but time will show what happens at the end.

Wait, who ever said that the Egyptian Army took a side? They've just been peace-keeping. (HA!) The police are the ones taking a side. (The Mubarak side.)

You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    The media is controlled by governments, governments follow what US says.
    That's either a paranoid schizophrenic, an extreme right-wing, or a Marxist perspective: I don't know, I'm increasingly having trouble telling them apart. The media is not controlled by the government in most western countries, directly or indirectly; it's controlled by that most elegant and beautiful of abstractions from reality: money. The media will produce what sells in a capitalist economy, which isn't what the government want to hear persay - it's what the vast majority of people want to hear and know. That's why newspapers are packed with brutal murders and child abuse (which, although tragic, aren't really of importance to anyone). It sells. Death and tragedy sell. They distract people from the tedious realities of everyday life and let them say: "Well, at least I don't have it as bad as this guy." They do not need to face the problems that confront them in their daily lives when they tune into the depths of the television or the Xbox or the newspaper. Escapism is the drug of the people.

Not counting NPR.

You're my favorite.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a question. So... now what is on this mob's agenda? Beat up everything they see? Well now they're beating up reporters from any nation and other foreigners are fleeing the streets in fear of being beaten to death. Why are they beating up other third party people? I'm not so sure, but it's absolutely unacceptable.

*shrugs*

It's the Mubarak reporters who are going after everyone. The people who want a new leader are just defending themleves.

You're my favorite.

Okay, just making sure.

Some of the non-Mubarak supporters are helping the third-party reporters to get out of the country, or at least keep them safe.

@Delphinus: You're wise enough for your age.. teenagers aren't usually ;P well, I only meant the political stuff on the news

Something a guy who worked with Mubarak for 18 years said that Mubarak is a highly selfish guy. He doesn't care if the whole country burns.
    I think Mubarak knows that he lost, but he wants people to suffer and lose. It's like he's saying: "I lose, everybody lose"

Youtube supporters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIpHdjWxr0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwDEd3zdTN4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7cJ3QBNu-I
    Last edited by Yara; 02-06-2011 at 02:19 PM.