View Poll Results: Do you want the Artist Alley to make a return?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Voting for the return of the Artist Alley

Voting for the return of the Artist Alley

'Sup guys.

This is the thread where you can voice your opinions about the Artist Alley being brought back. This motion has been brought forth due to this thread: http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...internet/page4

We need 10 votes FOR the motion to be carried.

So, Artist Alley: For or Against?

EDIT:
    The more I thought about this thread the more I realised I should post a little synopsis of what the Artist Alley was.

The Artist Alley was where you could make your own thread and post your art whether it was completed or a WIP. Critique wasn't mandatory and usually if you did want critique you'd have to ask for it. A lot of artists on MT used the Artist Alley as a personal gallery, sharing images and building a small fan base. Art trades would sometimes be set up with the artists then posted. Requests could also be taken and gift art was also created. The minimal rules for the Artist Alley allowed the artists to do what they do best; be creative. I personally have noticed a lack of posting from certain popular artists since the departure of the Artist Alley and it would be excellent if it could return so the artists who don't want/need critique can post and still contribute to the community.

<:
    Last edited by Linz; 03-17-2013 at 04:10 PM.

For, make it so!

don't we already have it?

We have the critique corner. The artist alley was more laid back, you could post art and use the thread as a personal gallery whereas the CC is designed for people to post art for critique ONLY.

It is only for critique only? I mean I think a lot of people only use it to just upload their stuffs (you could also tell that you don't want critiques), and there is also a big gallery on the website to just upload images; without forgetting that I don't think that people are forced to critique other people works on the critique corner(its just if you really want to or feel like it).

Anyway, I really don't care, I guess its okay, if that what people want or they feel this is gonna be a plus.

(also I think the people who most wanted critiques have moved to other places for that, so I guess its not really much to do on the critique corner now)

Quote from the description below the Critique Corner:
    "Get critique's on your artwork! **PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE JUST TO SHOW OFF YOUR WORK!**"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You have my sword.
    And my bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Quote from the description below the Critique Corner:
    "Get critique's on your artwork! **PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE JUST TO SHOW OFF YOUR WORK!**"
    ic

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    And my bow.
    And my axe!