Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GD: Obsolete?

So you want is for me to enforce the rules so strictly that you can't even attempt to make a witty comment without being shut down. So you want MT to be like it was before I became a mod where your thread got locked if you veered slightly off-topic. Wait excuse me what you wan't is to destroy the GD because it doesn't meet these expectations.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Don't bring back Jubeh v.2011, nobody wants that.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

No, I like it. But some other mods still try to enforce it. I just want the GD to be accepted as more like the Chatterbox.

Except if we accept it more as the chatterbox, what's the point of having both of them? lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Well I guess the point is for it to exist in a million and one years. But till then it's Chatterbox 2.0

Jackie, would you kindly explain to this man how I feel right now?

Thank you.
    <My comic

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I think it's funny that this thread was spawned by a GD conversation in which you, Sylux, were doing a poor job conversing. Have you ever tried talking to someone, but they were so terse, so unresponsive, so awkward that you couldn't continue on?

That's what you did to that thread, Sylux. The way you treat others makes them want to avoid taking you seriously, which veers things away from staying on-topic in discussion. It's easier to get you ruffed up and get a laugh than actually converse and get a good point out of you, since the latter is ridiculously more difficult than the former. The way you interact with others contributes to your illustration of Chatterbox 2.0. Don't act like it's everyone else's fault here, because it's not.

Now that I sound all mean or whatever, I'm going to go take a shower. Sorry I couldn't sound nicer, but I've noticed sometimes you need people to wrangle you in for you to actually listen.

Uh, sorry I guess? I can be serious, sorry if I haven't acted like it.

I cant agree with seefy enough, i really cant. Point set and match right there, thank you seef for writing something i couldnt find the right words to say. The general discussion is absolutely fine. There are always things to discuss, the only thing thats missing nowadays is people posting topics TO discuss. We need a more serious section, not everything is a joke. I may be one of the few left who think that the GD should be policed better but not so strict that you cant write witty comments. Theres a difference between a related witty comment and a total thread derailment. Why does it always have to be the extremes with you guys? Cant we have a happy middle? I dont see why thatd be so hard.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I really didn't mean to bust down the door of this thread and chew you out, Sy, so I' sorry for that. But I do think that some self-evaluation could help you a little bit. I think the GD is rather fine. Yeah, we get off-topic sometimes, but if we all stay accountable to each other, the problem will resolve itself. The GD has enough going for it at the moment that it's pretty much the only place I participate in lately, so surely all is not lost.