Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Thundercats

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that's what Lion-O would be thinking all the time. "Oh drat, I've been captured by Mumm-Ra again! Snarf, you better not help me out of this predicament! I swear if you do I am going to be very cross!"
    I think Lion-O would have rather Snarf try to help and end up killing himself in the process than having him fuck off and leave him to be potentially castrated and subsequently killed.
    and...all that stuff about shoe laces and such, that I'm too lazy to quote.

Dude Hayashida! Lion-o's selfless! He wouldn't want anyone to sacrifice themselves for his cause. I mean, sure, if snarf could help, but if not, I don't think he'd want to take everyone down with him. He's too...heroic and stuffs.

Sorry for my late reply, I wasn't able to get to the comp. for a while. Don't mean to dredge up an old comment, but...I must defend Snarf!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Yeah, Lion-O might claim he's selfless, but when it really comes down to it, I think he'd rather have snarf die then get killed himself. What is snarf anyway, is he like their pet or something.

I never watched a full episode, just the bloopers on Lion-Oh's cues. They are hilarious if you can ever find them.

Snarf, I'm guessing is that annoying talking pet that goes wherever the good guys are. Kinda like Genie from Aladdin (only Robin Williams was awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    I never watched a full episode, just the bloopers on Lion-Oh's cues. They are hilarious if you can ever find them.

Snarf, I'm guessing is that annoying talking pet that goes wherever the good guys are. Kinda like Genie from Aladdin (only Robin Williams was awesome).
    also genie was kind of the most important thing in that story

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    also genie was kind of the most important thing in that story
    This is true as well.

I think these are the outtakes you were talking about

I computer hopped for that, so funny...

I think they really should have made the show that way. Would have AMAZING! When they redo it, they should totally cuss and add innuendos...
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

The new Thundercats anime made it's one hour debut last night on Cartoon Network folks & I think it was incredible!

That's only a trailer.

Now, this new story appears to be divergent from the original show. For example, they are not on Third-Earth. This was the case with the 1st couple of episodes in the original show as well, but it appears to me that they may NOT be leaving Thundara for Third-Earth in the new one. It seems that this is the case because Mum-Ra is also on Thundara in the new one & in the original, he was only on Third-Earth. I feel that they do explain why the Sword of Omens is such an important artifact to both the protagonaists & antagonist better. Also, they really break down the politics of the different humanoid 'species' on Thundara (why the cats are on top, why the other species are fucked up with this,etc.). The explination of the level of technology and arcane knowledge. Some of the back story about the main characters paints a clearer picture than the original as well. Wiley Kit & Cat for example, are way more convincing if you ask me.

Snarf isn't the annoying nursemaid he was in the original. Now he appears to be some sort of adorable pet who oozes more cutness than "SNARF SNARF! I'm a scary lilttle beeotch! But don't hurt Lion-O! SNARF SNARF!". He can't seem to talk either, and maybe that's what makes him better in my opinion.

All in all, I'd say this is a great first attempt at a remake & it shows much promise for future eoisodes. Though, they have yet to intro the real panthro as of yet...they let us see an imposter & his nanchaku.
    Watch this show.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 07-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.

but snarf was the best